Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Second labour nerves

November20202 · 13/06/2022 21:06

Currently 35 weeks pregnant with second baby, first labour was 4 days, my daughter was back to back and this resulted in a forceps delivery & episiotomy. I really struggled mentally after this, lockdown with a newborn didn't really help! Anyway fast forward a year, baby number 2 was a bit of a shock! But now I'm over the shock and excited I can't shift being absolutely petrified of giving birth again, I've tried talking to my midwife and she just says 'second births are much quicker' please can I hear some positive second birth stories after traumatic first labours? Thank you x

OP's posts:
Please
or

boymummys · 14/06/2022 12:48

Hello, didn't want to read and run. My first birth was awful, vaginal delivery 27 hours, back to back, only had gas and air, 2 hours pushing ended up with episiotomy and a 2nd degree tear.

Second birth was amazing!!!

Waters broke at half 10 in the morning 8 days late, by two in the afternoon my waters had turned brown, was told to go in for monitoring. Half four I was checked and was still only two cm 😩 was told if I was the same at half 8 at night I'll be induced. Quarter past 6 I felt " contractions" I was told this was braxton hicks 😳 clearly not as he was born at 6.59, just gas and air again ( begged for pain relief) but was to late! No tears or stitches needed!

I refused to go to the toilet as I thought it would be as painful as my first, came prepared with witch hazel gel and all sorts, I finally went 5 hours after birth and didn't feel a thing, honestly was amazing!! Not every birth will be great but in my case the second definitely was!

Good luck ☺️☺️

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.