Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Am I in early labour?

flowerpot258 · 02/06/2022 07:32

Im 39+4. I'm booked in for an ECS tomorrow as baby is breech. Last night I had tightenings really low down like period pains. I went to the loo and had pale pink mucus when I wiped. This carried on for afew hours. Just before bed I had orangey/reddish glob of mucus come out with darker bits in it (mucus plug? Or part of it?) kinda looked like when you have a little blood clot in your period blood.

Anyways, fast forward to this morning at about 5am. Went to the loo. Was wearing a liner and there seemed to be quite a bit of dried blood on it, nothing like a period but rusty looking. Was slightly alarmed so called labour ward. Midwife just said if it's brown and old blood then she wouldn't worry. Baby is moving normally. I do feel a bit nauseous, have a headache and do have some cramping low down and lower back pain. I'm due in hospital today for my pre-op assessment at 9am so I'll mention this again when I'm there but according to the midwife she wouldn't worry about it.

Is this early labour? Or just my body preparing? I have my section tomorrow! So really hoping everything stays put until then!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

flowerpot258 · 02/06/2022 08:04

Just been to the loo and had some deep red / black looking mucus. It was more stringy than snot like. It seemed quite solid. I have hospital in an hour so I will let them know. Just hope it's nothing to worry about

OP's posts:
Please
or

funder · 02/06/2022 08:13

I would go in early and explain the black mucus. Just in case its meconium. Sounds like you are in early labour. If it's not meconium then there is no harm being there early.

Please
or

AFingerofFudge · 02/06/2022 08:22

I would go in now

Please
or

flowerpot258 · 02/06/2022 09:26

@funder @AFingerofFudge - thanks ladies. I'm here now, just waiting to be seen. Baby is still moving about as normal so hoping all is okay. This is my second baby. With my first she was 2 weeks overdue and I had to be induced so I didn't have a bloody show, lose mucus plug etc so if that's what it is I'm not really familiar with it

OP's posts:
Please
or

rainbowstardrops · 02/06/2022 09:58

I'm glad you're waiting to be seen and hope all goes well!

Please
or

AFingerofFudge · 02/06/2022 10:17

Hope all goes well!!

Please
or

Needanotherholidayasap · 02/06/2022 10:23

Any news? A jubilee baby?

Please
or

flowerpot258 · 02/06/2022 11:15

Thanks everyone 

@Needanotherholidayasap - They weren't concerned at all. I spoke to another midwife and she just said it sounds like the show but nothing to be concerned about. She just told me to go straight to labour ward if I end up having contractions or my waters break. If I do go into labour they said to tell the staff straight away that baby is breech and I'd get taken for an emergency section instead.

I'm still booked in for my elective c-section tomorrow!! So one way or another baby will be here very very soon Shock

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.