Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

When to ask for a planned section

eastview · 31/05/2022 09:30

I want to request an elective section but unsure when I need to ask for this. I am 33 weeks pregnant and have a consultant appointment next week (34 weeks) would this be a good time to bring it up or is this too late? Thanks in advance :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

deliwoman1 · 31/05/2022 09:42

34 week appointment sounds about right to me. My midwife broached the birth plan with me at that appointment and said go away and have a think about it. Unfortunately due to scheduling woes I'm not seeing her again until 37 weeks, but I'm not planning to ask for an elective-c up front, I'm just making it clear in my plan that I want to avoid induction and move straight to c-section if I'm overdue and baby needs to come out. As I want to try for a spontaneous vaginal birth, I think it's a bit different and they won't book a c-section in 'just in case.' But everything may change at my 36 week scan anyway!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.