Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Contraceptive Pill after giving birth

JJ1989 · 17/05/2022 12:18

Hello,

I have been prescribed my contraceptive pill again after giving birth. My periods haven’t returned and part of me wants to wait to have the assurance that all has returned back to normal prior to taking my contraceptive pill again, however I’m also conscious that I don’t want to have another baby just yet and have been avoiding sex with my partner until we are protected. I don’t fancy using condoms either.

I was just wondering if anyone had taken the pill after giving birth but prior to their periods returning?

OP's posts:
Please
or

GenderAtheist · 17/05/2022 12:31

No. Everyone I know just waited 6 or 8 weeks until their periods came back ( if not BF obv ) and used condoms.

If you are really that desperate for sex you could just have non PIV sex or DIY.

Please
or

unknownscot · 18/05/2022 14:10

I 100% won't be going back on the pill post baby. It fucks with hormones so much and I just want to naturally get back into cycles and will just use condoms or abstain from sex during fertile window

Please
or

Thebeastofsleep · 23/05/2022 19:13

I took my pills in my hospital bag and started taking them immediately. No way was I risking pregnancy! You're fertile 21 days from delivery (if not breastfeeding, though I wasn't risking it!).

Please
or

JJ1989 · 23/05/2022 21:04

Thanks all for your responses!

@Thebeastofsleep i am not breastfeeding so am very cautious! I’ve decided since to start taking my pill, even though my periods haven’t returned. It always worked well for me previously and DS is only 10 weeks old so not quite ready for another little addition anytime soon!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Thebeastofsleep · 23/05/2022 21:16

Good! When I had DC1 the lady next to me was having her second, her eldest was only 10 months!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.