Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

French store for car seats

abczyx · 09/04/2022 14:01

Can anyone recommend a store in France from which to buy car seats online (delivery to France rather than UK). We don't know what's available there other than Amazon. Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 10/04/2022 07:02

Depends what you need really. Amazon does have some car seats. Carseat.se deliver all over Europe if you want extended rear facing seats. Carrefour sell some car seats, although only the basic/cheap brands. You have Bébé9 or Aubert which is like Mothercare. Or allobebe which is like Online4Baby.

Please
or

abczyx · 10/04/2022 07:36

Thank you, that's very helpful. I'm looking for the Joie Trillo but it seems more expensive there than here.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 10/04/2022 09:30

Yes, car seats are always more expensive on the continent because they don't have reduced VAT on car seats like the UK does. Joie is also cheaper in the UK as they are produced there.

You might find that an older model Bebeconfort (Maxi Cosi) is a cheaper option which is just as safe. Or the Nania booster seats are less disastrous for safety than their harnessed seats and they tend to be cheap. Both brands produced in France so likely to be cheaper there.

Please
or

abczyx · 10/04/2022 11:38

Thank you, that is helpful to know. I think we may end up buying them here and checking them in for the flight.

OP's posts:
Please
or

teaandbiscuitsforme · 18/04/2022 17:58

You can also try Orchestra

fr.shop-orchestra.com

Although in Belgium I used carseat.se for our car seats because Orchestra only really had the same selection as somewhere like Mothercare in the U.K. (mainly forward facing etc)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.