Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Cybex Aton with seatbelt

Seaswimmingdeservesasunnyday · 31/03/2022 06:26

Please help!

Bought this from Argos (it's just the Aton, not Q or M) because it fits on the Yoyo2 and I need it for a holiday. Main carseat is Maxi-cosi and has an Isofix base.

Want to use it with the seatbelt in holiday hire care. However, the lapbelt digs in to my son's legs, even with the newborn insert (by this I mean the foam wedge for under the bum; there is no other newborn insert) removed.

I don't see how it's ever going to be comfortable, and if the car stopped suddenly, the belt would crack his legs.

Am I missing something?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Seaswimmingdeservesasunnyday · 31/03/2022 06:28

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 02/04/2022 10:26

That's quite normal for infant carriers, they all have that belt path. It's not a danger to his legs if you were to crash.

Please
or

BertieBotts · 02/04/2022 10:27

Can you not fit your Maxi Cosi seat without the base? Most of them can be and if the Yoyo can take a Cybex, it can take a Maxi Cosi - the pram fittings are the same.

Please
or

Seaswimmingdeservesasunnyday · 02/04/2022 14:49

I didn't know that! Worth a try - thank you!

I also didn't know that all belts touch their legs in that place, so I will stop stressing.

Thanks again.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.