Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Car seat recommendations for Mini Cooper

Cheesechips · 20/03/2022 10:49

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a car seat for a Mini Cooper? My son has grown out of the 0-4 age one so we need the next one up. Do swivel ones exist? Much easier to use with my wriggly 22 month old but not sure they sell them at that stage? Thanks Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 21/03/2022 10:13

Are you sure your 22 month old has grown out of a 0-4 years car seat? Even the biggest children usually fit into them until about 2 and a half. Have you perhaps missed an option to adjust the seat for his height? Which seat is it?

Please
or

Cheesechips · 21/03/2022 14:54

It's this one. Goes up to 18kg (my son is 14kg) but he looks squished in it!

Car seat recommendations for Mini Cooper
OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 21/03/2022 15:12

Have you moved the headrest up? That should give him more room. Don't put him in with bulky clothing like coats on as well. It is important for a car seat to be snug as that's what protects them in an accident.

Regardless you're going to need a bigger seat with his current weight and you'll need one in the same stage with a bigger weight limit, rather than the next stage as the next stage is just a booster seat with the adult seatbelt, and he's too young.

So I'd look at Axkid Move/Britax Max Way if you want rear facing or Joie Bold if you want forward facing. These all go up to 25kg which should give you plenty of time as their growth slows down a lot past age 2. Or you might want to hang on a couple of days as the Besafe Stretch is about to be released which actually has a 36kg weight limit. I think there are a few other seats due to release in the next few months as well.

Please
or

Cheesechips · 21/03/2022 15:32

@BertieBotts

Have you moved the headrest up? That should give him more room. Don't put him in with bulky clothing like coats on as well. It is important for a car seat to be snug as that's what protects them in an accident.

Regardless you're going to need a bigger seat with his current weight and you'll need one in the same stage with a bigger weight limit, rather than the next stage as the next stage is just a booster seat with the adult seatbelt, and he's too young.

So I'd look at Axkid Move/Britax Max Way if you want rear facing or Joie Bold if you want forward facing. These all go up to 25kg which should give you plenty of time as their growth slows down a lot past age 2. Or you might want to hang on a couple of days as the Besafe Stretch is about to be released which actually has a 36kg weight limit. I think there are a few other seats due to release in the next few months as well.

Thanks so much for the advice. Will have a look at the headrest. Definitely want to make sure he's supported so will have a look at your suggestions rather than just going for a size 2! Thank you!
OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.