Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

High backed boosters

LG93 · 11/03/2022 20:04

Please could I have reccomendations for high back boosters? We need to move my daughter into one but don't know where to start, they all look so similar but prices vary wildly and I don't know why!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 13/03/2022 09:25

Hi, how old is she and what seat is she in now?

I'd say you're looking at paying minimum £50 for one that is of decent quality. After that you can get various features up to about £200 but IMO, most of these aren't really needed.

Good brands for booster seats are:

Joie
Cybex
Maxi Cosi
Britax
Besafe
Recaro

Why not go to a local store and try some out? It's important that it's comfortable for her as this is likely to be the longest lasting seat that you'll use.

Please
or

LG93 · 16/03/2022 09:25

She's 3 and 4 months and currently in a Joie spin seat but has reached the weight limit. I'll have a look at those thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 16/03/2022 11:50

She is quite little to go into a booster seat as they only use the adult belt. You'd get a good few years out of a 25kg seat, either rear facing like Axkid move or something forward facing like Joie bold. Just another option anyway in case you don't feel she's ready for a seatbelt yet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.