My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Connect with fellow parents of boarding school students on our supportive forum. Share experiences, tips, and insights.

Boarding school

Top sporty schools for 2022

6 replies

tachetastic · 17/01/2024 19:36

Not a question but there seem to be a lot of threads on sporty schools recently, so I thought I would share this link to School Sport Magazine's top 200 sports schools for 2022. They have just published a list for 2023 but I don't think it is on their website yet as it was only released this week and they will be keen for people to buy the magazine.

https://schoolsportmag.co.uk/top-200-sports-schools-of-2022/

There are lots of reasons to choose one school over another, but I thought people may think this useful as a resource.

🏉🏑🏏🏊🏇

Top 200 sports schools of 2022 - School Sport Magazine

It was the year that bounced back after Covid – and schools all over the country turned in […]

https://schoolsportmag.co.uk/top-200-sports-schools-of-2022

OP posts:
tennissquare · 17/01/2024 22:50

@tachetastic , would you be able to re-post in secondary education as it covers so many secondary day schools. I'm not surprised by Surbiton high zipping up the charts, they are the leading girls football school at the moment.

DornfordYates · 17/01/2024 22:58

And here I was thinking Radley was sporty...

tachetastic · 17/01/2024 23:12

tennissquare · 17/01/2024 22:50

@tachetastic , would you be able to re-post in secondary education as it covers so many secondary day schools. I'm not surprised by Surbiton high zipping up the charts, they are the leading girls football school at the moment.

Done. And yay for Surbiton HS girls football team! ⚽

OP posts:
tachetastic · 17/01/2024 23:21

DornfordYates · 17/01/2024 22:58

And here I was thinking Radley was sporty...

Edited

There are around 5000 state secondary and independent senior schools in the UK. A position of 172 puts Radley in the top 3.5% of schools.

OP posts:
DornfordYates · 17/01/2024 23:48

tachetastic · 17/01/2024 23:21

There are around 5000 state secondary and independent senior schools in the UK. A position of 172 puts Radley in the top 3.5% of schools.

Edited

Did not intend to pick on Radley. Just noticed that Harrow is 20 something, Wycombe Abbey 50, Marlborough 70. Merely surprised that Radley was ranked 172 given that they are pushing their sporting credentials more than their academic ones.

Elfer13 · 18/01/2024 00:23

What a strange list, I notice boys football isn't mentioned and please be aware that private schools are sometimes reluctant to compete against the local comps to maintain their "elite status".
My DS's comp has, when completed at county and country level comprehensively (pun) beaten several of the private schools mentioned at cricket, basketball, athletics and so on.
They don't play much Rugby in Bolton but I'd back some of the Wigan schools to teach a lesson or two, might be league but I'm sure they would adapt.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.