Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This board exists primarily for the use of Black Mumsnetters. Others are welcome to post but please be respectful.

Black skin and laser hair removal

PompomDahlia · 18/08/2022 00:05

Have any of you Black Mumsnetters had laser hair removal done? I'm seriously considering it, especially on my underarms and face (thanks PCOS), but I know there is a higher risk of scarring on darker skin and also that it may not be as effective. Interested to hear from anyone who's done it

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sandcastlesinthesky · 18/08/2022 00:10

I’m not black but I used to work for a laser hair removal clinic. It can be done but results are variable and you’d need a lot of sessions. Most places offer a test patch though so you busy get some idea from that without too much cost.

Please
or

WildBactrian · 18/08/2022 00:10

It was fine on underarms. Started to grow back a tiny bit after a couple of years, but another round would zap it for good. It didn't work on my face because the hairs are finer and the contrast between the skin and hair colour isn't great enough. Electrolysis is more effective for fine facial hair.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?