Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Ashes into Diamond Or Ashes Jewellery?

amy0691 · 09/05/2022 17:14

Have anyone order ashes into diamond or ashes jewellery before? I saw this ashes jewellery website on google. I love their angel wing, I have see ashes in glass or ashes in resin but not keen on the ashes on display ... any suggestion what to do with small amount of ashes or good shop recommendations please?

OP's posts:
Please
or

bloodywhitecat · 09/05/2022 17:18

Following with interest as it is something I want to do with DH before I say goodbye forever to him.

Please
or

msbevvy · 09/05/2022 17:19

I was keen on the ashes into diamond thing until I saw this

scambusters.org/memorialdiamond.html

Please
or

Aphrael · 09/05/2022 17:31

I used ashesintoglass.co.uk for earrings and a necklace and have been delighted.

Please
or

Figroll16 · 09/05/2022 17:36

I'm having a signet ring made-the jeweller will put my mom's ashes in a 'well' on the top then cover with metal sheet

Please
or

amy0691 · 09/05/2022 19:31

I learnt this ashes jewellery company arrange visit or lab tour to their ashes into diamond lab in Switzerland, guess would be interested to see xx Ring or necklace would be a amazing idea

OP's posts:
Please
or

caringcarer · 09/05/2022 21:32

I had as student who had a little diamond on as chain and she is told me the diamond was made from her Dad's ashes. Her Mum had one too. It looked like a normal diamond. I was just a bit sceptical as I had never heard of it. At parents evening I noticed her Mum was wearing an identical necklace so I said oh X has a necklace just the same. The mother told me when her DH died she had the ashes turned into 2 small diamonds and then made into a necklace. Honestly they looked lovely.

Please
or

amy0691 · 10/05/2022 17:33

Think I am bit torn between getting an gold urn necklace or ashes diamond ... really don't want to put family's ashes through all the lab process ...

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dozycuntlaters · 11/05/2022 16:35

I kept some of my dads ashes back as I am going to have them put into a tattoo. Jewellery is a lovely idea too, love those wings at the top of the post.

Please
or

guestusername · 28/05/2022 14:47

I had some made into a heart by Bristol Blue Glass

bristol-glass.co.uk/products/cremation-memorial-heart-pendant

Please
or

SundayTeatime · 29/05/2022 15:11

I know someone who had ashes put into a bangle -I think a silver one. You unscrew the end and put a small amount of ashes inside. It was very stylish.

Please
or

pigwood · 29/05/2022 15:30

I have read that it's a scam so thoroughly look into it OP. I had the same intention with mums ashes but am now going to get them included in a beautiful resin painting instead

Please
or

amy0691 · 30/05/2022 09:11

Thank you all x, not so keen on having ashes on display like resin or glass then it is just me. I got this beautiful gold plated pendant instead that can keep a tiny amount of ashes, and costs less than resin and glass, owner is so nice and kind. I recommend them!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Happygirl79 · 30/05/2022 09:14

I find it creepy

Please
or

amy0691 · 30/05/2022 10:20

Happygirl79, if you don't have nice things to say about how people remember their loved ones, you should keep the unpleasant thoughts to yourself. I find your comments more creepy :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

AlternativePerspective · 30/05/2022 10:25

It’s not unpleasant to say that someone finds wearing the ashes of someone else a bit off, creepy or whatever.

Plenty of people would e.g. be uncomfortable with having ashes on display for similar reasons. It’s a matter of opinion, and there is no right or wrong.

As for diamonds, I looked at this once, and it was extortionately expensive, as in thousands of pounds.

Personally I wouldn’t. When someone’s gone they’re gone. Would you consider a locket with a picture of them instead?

Please
or

AlternativePerspective · 30/05/2022 10:31

And having just googled it scambusters.org/memorialdiamond.html
the whole thing looks to be a scam, and set out to deliberately prey on the vulnerable, and is actually quite despicable really.

Please
or

AlternativePerspective · 30/05/2022 10:33

Ah, the link add feature doesn’t work I see….

Please
or

ItsSnowJokes · 30/05/2022 10:38

Happygirl79 · 30/05/2022 09:14

I find it creepy

Uncalled for! Just keep on scrolling. Have some bloody respect.

Please
or

TinaYouFatLard · 30/05/2022 10:43

I think it’s a nice idea but would be devastated to ever lose it. Almost like the pressure to keep it safe would reduce the comfort of having it.

Please
or

amy0691 · 30/05/2022 10:47

I wouldn't do cremation diamond myself for different reasons, but there is valid science behind it, don't think "prey on vulnerable" is the right choice of words. Obviously, not everyone can understand science.

How one remembers their loved one is a personal choice and not down to others say if it is creepy. If you do find it creepy you don't need to do it or comment on it :) "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

OP's posts:
Please
or

pigwood · 30/05/2022 11:05

@amy0691 that pendant is beautiful- can I ask where it's from? I would like one of these also x

Please
or

amy0691 · 30/05/2022 11:10

pigwood · 30/05/2022 11:05

@amy0691 that pendant is beautiful- can I ask where it's from? I would like one of these also x

Thank you ! x I got it from this site, they do solid gold, gold plated and silver version. I got gold plated one

https://memorialjewelleryae.co.uk/shop/cremation-jewellery-uk/gold-angel-wing-cremation-pendant/

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.