My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find baby name inspiration and advice on the Mumsnet Baby Names forum.

Baby names

Cool or not?

36 replies

JessRose23 · 16/03/2023 14:04

Our surname is Rose. I have my heart set on Georgia Grace Vera Rose - Gigi Rose. Is it cool or just tacky? I’m finding it so hard with our last name

OP posts:
Wishimaywishimight · 19/03/2023 18:14

Georgia is my all time favourite name - why not use that? Really don't like Gigi at all. Just can't imagine ay my first day in a job and saying "Hi, I'm Gigi"...

bellsandwhistles333 · 19/03/2023 18:20

Beautiful name however bear in mind unless you outright call her Gigi from the get go and introduce her as Gigi the nickname might not take as you think..,

A friend had a daughter and the surname was Gel (as in hair gel) they called there daughter Amelia Neve and went with A N GEL angel but it never really took hold and everyone called her Millie or Amelia only she was really hurt and considered changing it to angel but her husband outright refused.

May never happen to you if course just a cautionary tale :)

DrMeredithGrey2023 · 19/03/2023 18:34

I called my daughter a name that begins with G, and in the back of my mind thought that Gigi might be a cute shortening of it, but it just never rolled off the tongue properly for us, so instead she's known as a shortened version of her name.

I think you have to make a real effort with the nickname at the beginning for it to stick

Emmamoo89 · 19/03/2023 18:35

Lovely name

DarkDarkNight · 19/03/2023 18:38

I like Georgia Vera Rose, but think Georgia Grace Vera Rose is too much. I think 2 middle names is greedy, and with Rose as a surname it just sounds like a list of 4 names rather than a proper name.

Penguinsaregreat · 19/03/2023 18:53

Rose is a lovely surname.
Personally I don’t like 2 middle names, nobody ever calls anyone by their middle names (except occasionally the parents). I would find it an unnecessary bind to have 2 middle names.

Luredbyapomegranate · 21/03/2023 23:45

Georgia Rose is nice

I’m not mad on Gigi - but she doesn’t have to use it if she doesn’t like it

Amelia has been done to death, and I also think that Rose is so often used as a middle name for Amelia it would be extra confusing

Luredbyapomegranate · 21/03/2023 23:47

bellsandwhistles333 · 19/03/2023 18:20

Beautiful name however bear in mind unless you outright call her Gigi from the get go and introduce her as Gigi the nickname might not take as you think..,

A friend had a daughter and the surname was Gel (as in hair gel) they called there daughter Amelia Neve and went with A N GEL angel but it never really took hold and everyone called her Millie or Amelia only she was really hurt and considered changing it to angel but her husband outright refused.

May never happen to you if course just a cautionary tale :)

I have to say I think little Amelia dodged a bullet there

Avarua2 · 21/03/2023 23:48

I think Gigi Rose sounds super cool. I love it.

LucyWildeGru · 21/03/2023 23:49

Vera is frumpy and ugly. The other names are really pretty.

AlwaysLatte · 21/03/2023 23:53

Really lovely.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.