My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Autoimmune disease

Raised ft4, normal tsh in child?

2 replies

Wackadoodle84 · 27/09/2017 16:06

Hi all,
My 7year old daughter recently had bloods taken due to increased fatigue and irritability. I had thought that perhaps her iron levels would be low but they have come back as within range. However surprisingly her free t4 has come back as raised. Not massively so, and t3, tsh were within normal ranges. The doctor will ring later in week to discuss the results but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone had any indication of what a raised ft4 with normal tsh/t3 might be an indicator of (if anything at all)

OP posts:
TammySwansonTwo · 01/10/2017 14:34

My results are opposite (normal TSH and FT4 right at bottom of normal range). I did find a great site that explained all this stuff really well, in terms of more unusual results. I'll see if I can find it but google normal TSH high T4 and you may also find it

TammySwansonTwo · 01/10/2017 14:37

Can't find the site right now but this site suggests hyperthyroidism www.thyroid.org/wp-content/uploads/patients/brochures/FunctionTests_brochure.pdf

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.