We are very close to exchanging on a new house. Probably in the next 10 days. The sellers have been out of the house for 3 months so are desperate to speed things up but DH says we should drag it out until the budget incase they reduce stamp duty. Would you wait? I think the chances they do are slim but we would be paying quite alot of stamp duty as we are going to wait a few months before we sell our home so have to pay second home tax and then claim it back. I am so keen to get the keys because there is work that needs doing but I want in before xmas, but if we push ahead and find out we could have saved thousands I will kick myself! Would you wait for the budget and aim to exchange on the 30th or get on with it?