Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Safe to travel to hurghada Egypt

3 replies

Honeybu · 11/02/2024 12:27

I’m travelling to Hurghada Egypt in 5 days is it safe to travel? Should I cancel my holiday

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

4 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
75%
You are NOT being unreasonable
25%
Crabwoman · 11/02/2024 13:24

I went to Hurghada at Christmas, and it felt safe. I also travelled to Luxor with no issues.

The only place in Egypt at the moment where the Foreign Office is advising against all travel is North Sinai, which borders onto Gaza, but that is nearly 600km away. There are some restrictions on travel to the western desert, but again, that is not close to where you are staying.

journeyglider · 12/02/2024 13:45

Traveling to Hurghada, Egypt, can be safe depending on various factors such as the current political situation, health advisories, and safety measures in place. It's always a good idea to check the latest travel advisories from your government and reputable sources like the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to stay informed about any potential risks or concerns. Additionally, consider factors like your personal comfort level with traveling during uncertain times and any specific safety precautions you can take to minimize risks.

journey glider

Home -

/*! elementor - v3.18.0 - 20-12-2023 */ .elementor-widget-image{text-align:center}.elementor-widget-image a{display:inline-block}.elementor-widget-image a

https://journeyglider.com/

CasperGutman · 12/02/2024 13:58

Went last month. It was fine. The distance from the area where the Houthis are lobbing missiles at shipping is similar to that from Ramsgate to Kyiv, if that's what you're worried about.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.