My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for ideas for a baby / maternity hamper?

8 replies

tiredmama23 · 09/02/2024 16:15

Hi

I'm looking for ideas for a hamper for a colleague who is going on maternity leave in a few weeks. It's her first baby. Just looking for ideas of what to put in it to the value of around £50 in total. Ideally a mixture of practical things for baby and treat items for mum to be?

Thank you for any ideas!

OP posts:
Rosesanddaisies1 · 09/02/2024 16:20

Nice warm socks for her, bath things, candle, wine! Do stuff for her, she'll get loads for baby.

MissKittyFantastico84 · 09/02/2024 16:25

A tube of yellow Metanium nappy rash cream! A must have for all first time mums!

tiredmama23 · 09/02/2024 16:25

Thanks for your reply @Rosesanddaisies1

I just remembered a book my sister got for me when I had my baby, it was called 'The Little Book of Self Care for New Mums', or similar. I might pop one of those in, I remember finding it so lovely to put my feet up with when I was feeding my newborn DD. 🥰

OP posts:
MixingPlaydough · 09/02/2024 16:25

I'd go for vouchers personally. I know it's boring and doesn't look as flashy but so much of what is given in gift baskets is never used that at least with vouchers she can use them for something she finds she needs.

tiredmama23 · 09/02/2024 16:26

Good shout @MissKittyFantastico84 ! I swore by that stuff when DD was in nappies. She's just recently potty trained actually so I may even have a few tubes somewhere that I no longer need!

OP posts:
tiredmama23 · 09/02/2024 16:34

@MixingPlaydough I thought of that but I want it to look pretty 🥰

OP posts:
fungibletoken · 09/02/2024 16:46

Lovely of you to organise this. I really appreciated the one we received from my work. It included lots of practical bits and pieces but fun/cute versions of them that felt like a treat - e.g. Burts Bees baby toiletries (shampoo, moisturiser), cute mitts for washing that doubled up as puppets, super soft bath towel, colourful first cutlery/transition cup, a teether shaped like an avocado. You can't really have enough of those bits even if they have already bought some of them. Also some sweet outfits, bio oil for me, a few toys.

tiredmama23 · 09/02/2024 16:50

@fungibletoken aww that all sounds lovely! Thank you for the ideas ☺️

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.