Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel more scared than ever.

11 replies

Castlerock44 · 29/01/2024 18:59

Another escalation in the Middle East with the Iran backed drone attack. It seems we're on a slippery slope and it's very scary.

Where are the peace makers? nobody even seems to be trying any more. Is there any hope? Please be kind.

OP posts:
CockerMum · 29/01/2024 19:00

All of this is beyond our control OP. It is what it is.

Neriah · 29/01/2024 19:08

Iranian backed terrorism is hardly a new subject.

MamaAlwaysknowsbest · 29/01/2024 19:16

Whatever will happen, it will be none of what the ordinary man and woman wanted. It will be all up to these crazy idiots up there , in power and worse, they are voted in some parts of the world

JacquiDaytona · 29/01/2024 19:20

I have nothing productive to add but I agree. Every day seems closer and closer to something terrifying. Trying to tell myself that things like this have happened in the past and it’s only now I have a child that I feel so scared about the future, but it’s hard to deny that everything is escalating very quickly.

spicedlemonpie · 29/01/2024 19:21

Another thread seems to be getting them every day on here.
As ive said on most threads about war if its gonna happen its gonna happen.
Im not bothered either way.

PaulCostinRIP · 29/01/2024 19:22

Live your life and turn off your TV. All your fears will go away.

Mainstream TV has been telling lies for years and if you get sucked in then you will be living in fear all of the time.

solsticelove · 29/01/2024 19:25

Mainstream TV has been telling lies for years and if you get sucked in then you will be living in fear all of the time.

Agree with this.

In the past you would have had no idea what was going on outside of your local area. Your biology is not designed to know every single last disaster that is happening in the world.

ballsdeep · 29/01/2024 19:27

CockerMum · 29/01/2024 19:00

All of this is beyond our control OP. It is what it is.

I agree. We don’t know half of what happens in the world. If we worried about everything we’d never get anything done or go anywhere

Killerqueenie · 29/01/2024 19:37

Agree with this. I stopped watching and following the news when the war in Ukraine started as I was getting so anxious. I feel so much better for it, but I do hear snippets about what's going on and it terrifies me. Better off not knowing.

Tinkerbyebye · 29/01/2024 19:38

If it’s going to happen we wont know anything so no point in worrying

stop watching the news, I have and I dont read papers about it either

MummyPencil · 29/01/2024 19:47

Precisely
Lets enjoy our life while we have it

You never know when is your last day. 🌸💞

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.