Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To want to hunt down every mosquito and unleash every chemical on them

8 replies

NameInUseAlreadyAgain · 03/09/2022 17:41

Have a HUGE swelling from a, I assume, mosquito and it’s itchy, red, hot and swollen

Would IBU to wish the worst on every mosquito alive? Do they have a place in our ecosystem apart from biting me and making me hurt so much?

OP posts:
Soubriquet · 03/09/2022 17:42

Apparently, yes they do!

If mosquitos were wiped out, our whole ecosystem could break down leading to animals going extinct.

Who would have figured that!

swedex · 03/09/2022 17:43

Yadnbu!! I've literally walked out the door and been bitten and it's swollen up within seconds!
Last week something bit me on the foot and my whole foot just swelled up I could only wear flip flops!

NameInUseAlreadyAgain · 03/09/2022 17:44

Soubriquet · 03/09/2022 17:42

Apparently, yes they do!

If mosquitos were wiped out, our whole ecosystem could break down leading to animals going extinct.

Who would have figured that!

Now I feel terrible

not!

am in so much pain! Weighing up wine later vs antihistamine. Wine winning so far in my personal vote…..

OP posts:
Soubriquet · 03/09/2022 17:49

It’s hard to feel sympathetic to those bastard bites bugs. I understand

OneTC · 03/09/2022 17:53

Most of the little bastards live on plants, essentially vegan mosquitos, killing them as collateral would be harsh

NameInUseAlreadyAgain · 03/09/2022 17:57

Not very vegan considering I had bacon for lunch ….. 😂

OP posts:
LittleRen · 03/09/2022 18:02

I have avoided being bitten for over a year but now I have one on the top of my foot… the horribly boney part that feels awful to scratch. I find blasting the hottest water you can stand onto it gets rid of the itch for a good while… something to do with the histamine! I once got bitten all over my legs and that was the only thing that helped 😭

Movinghouseatlast · 03/09/2022 18:11

Blow a hairdryer on it, as not as you can bear.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.