My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU - Insomnia friends, are any of you still here?

8 replies

Lago1 · 02/09/2022 15:52

Been reading through the insomnia friends threads and they are identical to what has happened to me. Post natal insomnia turned into full blow anxiety and months of hell. This was 5 years ago. Since, I have had intermittent bouts of insomnia, never as severe as the first.
However I'm an in a bit of a frenzy as it's started again, kids are older and more aware, and the anxiety around sleep is unbearable. Just wondering if there's anyone else there on the same boat, or if those of you from that those threads 10 years ago are still around and how are you doing now?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

0 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
0%
You are NOT being unreasonable
0%
Sunnyqueen · 02/09/2022 15:57

I rely literally on medication its the only thing that works for me... And sometimes when it's really bad that doesn't even work.

Lago1 · 02/09/2022 16:10

@Sunnyqueen can I ask what medication you use?

OP posts:
Sunnyqueen · 02/09/2022 16:28

Well I'm now on a daily medication that's side effect is putting me to sleep for 8-10 hours about 2 hours after taking it so that's all good.
But previously was always 7.5mg zopiclone. If I ever ran out or whatever I would take 2 promethazine which you get over the counter. Hth.

Lago1 · 02/09/2022 16:33

I find promethazine don't really help, but yes zopiclone are good but I find I still get the anxiety when I use them as I know they are limited. I take mirtazapine, but in the serious bouts (like now) even that doesn't help. 😒

OP posts:
Sunnyqueen · 02/09/2022 16:36

I'm on quetiapine and aside from being a bit groggy in the morning it's been brilliant once I got up to 100mg, been really good for anxiety too but we will see how the winter months go 😬

Lago1 · 02/09/2022 19:37

Glad you have found something that works for you.

OP posts:
TRC11 · 02/09/2022 20:15

I'm in America but Ambien. I've been taking it for 15 years and do not care if I have to take it for the rest of my life. It is the only thing that truly works and otherwise I would not sleep.

Lago1 · 02/09/2022 21:21

@TRC11 I think the doctors in the uk scare us that much about using the z drugs that it ruins what would have been a nice sleep, by overwhelming anxiety that the drug needed to be used in the first place

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.