Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask for the loudest alarm clock for neighbour revenge?

18 replies

camper1van · 07/07/2022 20:05

[lighthearted]

DH and I currently undergoing some light revenge on NDN who make us miserable with their loud music by setting an early morning alarm to ring out in the bedroom that attaches to them. Walls are thin so we know an alarm clock will be heard (we can hear the neighbours on the other side) but my iphone isn't cutting the mustard, I want something louder and that lasts longer (I think the iphone cuts off at 15 minutes?)

Any ideas? Ideally an app if possible I don't really want spend any money on the b*rds!

OP posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

JesusInTheCabbageVan · 07/07/2022 20:07

Hmm, could you move the TV in there?

Please
or

Hillrunning · 07/07/2022 20:10

So you put yourself through the alarm as well? Isn't that annoying for you?

I wouldn't fight noise with noise because then thier actions are justified. I'd find another thing to do that isn't also annoying for you.

Please
or

LittleSockOfHorrors · 07/07/2022 20:10

It's not a good idea to start a war with people you have to actually live right next door to.

Please
or

Takeitonthechin · 07/07/2022 20:11

Do they know this annoys you every morning, have you tried talking to them?

Please
or

camper1van · 07/07/2022 20:12

We can't hear the alarm, we are in another room separated by stairs and sleeping with white noise/fans, so it doesn't affect us but hopefully will affect them

OP posts:
Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 07/07/2022 20:13

Have you actually had a conversation with them?

Please
or

EntertainingandFactual · 07/07/2022 20:14

LittleSockOfHorrors · 07/07/2022 20:10

It's not a good idea to start a war with people you have to actually live right next door to.

I’m guessing the neighbours have already started a war.

Have you spoken to them about it OP? If you have and they are ignoring you, pretty much any stand alone battery run alarm clock will annoy them.

My DH still uses a clock radio and the standard alarm on that is awful.

Please
or

myuterusistryingtokillme · 07/07/2022 20:16

I wouldn't do it, but you need one of those old fashioned alarm clocks with the bells on the top....

Please
or

LesserKnownKardashian · 07/07/2022 20:19

An old-fashioned alarm clock on a metal baking tray!

Please
or

EntertainingandFactual · 07/07/2022 20:19

My first house was a terrace and the family next door were awful. Video games, shouting and music late into the night.
I guilty of leaving the clock radio on in the bedroom full volume after I left for work at 6am.
It switched itself on at 6.10 and was timed to switch off at 11am.

Please
or

LittleSockOfHorrors · 07/07/2022 20:22

I’m guessing the neighbours have already started a war.
I don't think that matters.

Please
or

camper1van · 07/07/2022 20:36

We have spoken to them many times, they know how loud they are being and they don't care. I don't want to blast our music back at the same level as I'm sure they will just play theirs louder.

For us the occasional early morning alarm clock to wake them up is enough to make us feel like we're getting some form of revenge but not as obvious as putting our bassy speakers to the wall.

Looks like I will be heading to some charity shops this weekend to see if I can find a cheap old fashioned alarm clock!

OP posts:
Please
or

ElizabethinherGermanGarden · 07/07/2022 20:44

Do they use Siri/Alexa? And do they leave their windows open? Could you shout at Alexa to set their alarm for five minutes? Sort of like a tech-savvy version of knock-door-run...

Please
or

ElizabethinherGermanGarden · 07/07/2022 20:47

Also, for loud, old fashioned alarm clocks, IKEA does the best one. V loud and rings till it winds down so you get a good long bell-blast.

Please
or

SummaLuvin · 07/07/2022 20:48

fighting fire with fire isn't great to deescalate a situation

Please
or
Please
or

Alexaplaykatebush · 07/07/2022 20:53

Get an Alexa type device, you can get it to play anything as an alarm and you can turn it off without getting out of bed if it does disturb you.
I play all kinds on loud while I'm getting ready for work in the morning, partly because I like it and partly to annoy my lazy neighbors who wouldn't shout and bang around until all hours if they had jobs to get up for like the rest of us.

Please
or

KangarooKenny · 07/07/2022 21:00

Get a proper old alarm clock - the type with two silver bells on top - put it in a metal box, like a chocolates tin, and let it go !! ⏰

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?