Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To ask for your best holiday hacks for a family

Starlight86 · 17/06/2022 13:00

Family of 5 ( 3 young kids) , 2 weeks all inclusive. Hit me with your best travel hacks/tips.

Mine are:

Pop up washing baskets, empty into one case at the end of the holiday and thats all your washing that needs done.

A few 4 way extension sockets so lots of plugs available without buying loads of adapters.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Am I being unreasonable?

AIBU

You have one vote. All votes are anonymous.

Libre55 · 18/06/2022 19:21

While you are queueing at check in take 2 seconds to take a photo of all your luggage. Invaluable if it goes astray you can just show photos/email pictures to travel company or airport staff.

Please
or

GoldenGorilla · 18/06/2022 19:25

Pack some of everybody’s clothes in every suitcase. We use packing cubes to keep them separate. That way if one suitcase goes missing everybody will have some clothes.

Put one change of clothes each in your carry on so if all suitcases go missing you can at least change out of sweaty airport clothes while you go out to buy more.

Please
or

bethia0477 · 18/06/2022 19:26

Travel/camping towels are great for the kids after swimming. Dry quickly and compact plus easy to wash when kids are messy with juice, ice cream etc.

Please
or

Starlight86 · 20/06/2022 12:16

Thought of another one.

Packing cubes, thought they would be a bit naff but actually got them and they are great for splitting the kids clothes into day and night and swimmies.

OP's posts:
Please
or

YodaBabe · 20/06/2022 12:20

Not sure how old your kids are

Raid charity shops for cheap small toys that can be buried in the sand and you don't never finding again.

Stickers!!!!

If the kids want to take toys give them a backpack if it fits they can take it if not then no.

Take enough clothes for a week, comfy ones you'll more than likely still bring back ones you didn't wear .

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.