Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

STBXH not getting crime number after being assaulted

4 replies

NeedMoreMountains · 29/12/2019 19:34

STBXH came back yesterday morning lunchtime after staying at a friends house looking rough and with bad black eye. Apparently 3 guys had attacked him after trying to steal his tobacco outside the kebab shop, knocked him unconscious, kicked in face etc and he woke up in hospital after the police and ambulance had been called by passers by. Based on this absolute minimum time unconscious would have been 30 mins + which I think is quite a long time?

He then discharged himself without telling anyone as didn't want to stay there on Friday night with 'all those drunk people' Hmm and walked back to friends house to get some sleep(a few miles, not sure why he didn't get cab back as had his wallet, cards etc). I was worried about concussion etc as he had bad headache but he dismissed all suggestions of paracetamol, lie down etc.

Today I asked if the police had given him crime number as apparently they said the descriptions of the guys match a known group but he said no as theres no point following it up as its the least of his worries (temp job, failed marriage, no money etc).

Is this feasible? The more I think about it the least it makes sense. I thought the police would always give you a crime number and contact details etc after being victim of a crime? Also being unconscious for that length of time is potentially quite serious? I asked why he didn't call me or ask them to and initially he said there was no point in worrying me and later that he hadn't had his phone with him....

AIBU to think this does sound a bit fishy?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

18 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
11%
You are NOT being unreasonable
89%
10storeylovesong · 29/12/2019 19:48

Police officer here. If that was true, a crime would definitely have been recorded, although if he refused details or assistance would probably not be followed up on. 30+ mins unconscious would be classed as a very serious assault!

TheLovleyChebbyMcGee · 29/12/2019 19:50

Sounds well dodgy I'm afraid!

needanewnamechange · 29/12/2019 19:53

If he's got a black eye he's had some sort of assault. Does he have form for fibbing?

NeedMoreMountains · 29/12/2019 20:21

10storeylovesong thanks for the clarification. I can imagine he might not have been especially cooperative especially if drunk (which is very likely).

God knows. From past form, most likely scenario is he was drunk and being a twat and got into some sort of altercation which escalated so a fight ensued and outcome the same but probably not completely unprovoked.

needanewnamechange yes , and difficulty admitting responsibility for actions and outcomes. See paragraph above and STBXH status!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.