Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Conception 4 days before ovulation and severe pain on ovulation day

23 replies

Sunshinesuetwo · 28/12/2019 23:56

Hi ladies

Hubby and I did the deed on sat and I believe ovulation was on wed. Has anyone concieved 4 days before ovulation and then felt severe abdominal pain on the day of ovulation and got a bfp (pain was on the left side). It's almost like I felt the egg being fetlized. Has anyone had a similar experience??. I'm in my two week wait.

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

26 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
85%
You are NOT being unreasonable
15%
Cryingoverspilttea · 29/12/2019 00:02

Felt the egg being fertilised 😂😂😂

No love, you felt your ovary pop a follicle sack/irritation from the fluid hopefully containing an egg.

pmdw · 29/12/2019 00:09

Has anyone concieved 4 days before ovulation

No, because it’s not possible.

ViciousJackdaw · 29/12/2019 01:43

Sounds like Mittelschmerz, or ovulation pain. Can be surprisingly painful. Here's a link

www.nhs.uk/conditions/ovulation-pain/

GreytExpectations · 29/12/2019 01:48

You can't feel the egg being fertilised 😂😂 also OP, maybe this would be better moved to the conception or pregnancy board?

Yeahnah2020 · 29/12/2019 03:09

You can’t conceive before ovulation!!!😂😂

steff13 · 29/12/2019 03:37

I have Mittelschmerz. It can feel pretty sharp.

DramaAlpaca · 29/12/2019 03:46

Some women can feel a sharp pain on ovulation, it's called mittelschmerz as a pp said, but I've never experienced it myself.

You cannot conceive before ovulation, or feel the egg being fertilised, it's just not possible.

I have, however, been correctly certain I was pregnant a good few days before my period was due.

Yousicktwistedfruit · 29/12/2019 03:54

How much attention have you been paying during sex education lessons because I really think you should. You can’t feel the egg being fertilised 😂😂

cosima1 · 29/12/2019 05:37

I think the OP means “intercourse four days before. ovulation?”

If so, sperm can live for five days, so yes, it is possible that you’ve conceived.

I can’t see how you would have felt it as pain though.- the egg wouldn’t have implanted immediately.

ForeverBaffled · 29/12/2019 09:43

Agree with poster above - sperm can live 5-7 days in body so could be a few hardy ones left if you ovulate 4 days later so conception could happen. People do sometimes feel implantation cramping which is what I think the OP is referring too also.

TeddybearBaby · 29/12/2019 09:52

I know what you’re saying! I had sex 3 days before ovulation with my daughter. Apparently girl sperm take longer to swim than boys and live longer so the theory is that some sperm were waiting for the egg to be released and then pounced 🤣.

PurpleFlower1983 · 29/12/2019 10:00

What you felt was normal ovulation pain. It would have been better to DTD one or two days either side but they say sperm can live for up to 5 days so you never know.

Disco91 · 29/12/2019 10:31

Wow some of these responses are patronizing and rude.....

Yep you can conceive if you had sex 4 days before ovulation, and I'm in the same boat we have been ttc this month and I was due to ovulate this week. Last night I had period type pain and I'm watching this thread as I had the exact same question as you OP!!

Disco91 · 29/12/2019 10:33

@pmdw don't be daft of course you can conceive if you have sex 4 days before ovulation!!

Sunshinesuetwo · 29/12/2019 11:07

Maybe I worded my question incorrectly. What I meant to say was has anyone had sex 4 days before ovulation and conceived. But maybe it is the wrong board. But thanks to those who understood what I was trying to say

@ViciousJackdaw thanks
@cosima1 - yes that's correct, thanks..maybe it was just ovulation pain, it was just alot sharper than normal
@ForeverBaffled thanks
@TeddybearBaby thanks
@PurpleFlower1983 thanks
@Disco91 thanks, I will keep u posted

OP posts:
pmdw · 29/12/2019 11:16

@Disco91 Don’t put words in my mouth. I was specifically responding (correctly) to OP’s question about conception before ovulation.

I didn’t say that sex just before ovulation can’t result in pregnancy (because obviously it can), but conception can only take place after ovulation.

You and OP most likely felt ovulation pain.

Sunshinesuetwo · 29/12/2019 13:53

All the best on your own ttc journey. I hope you get your bfp soon Smile

OP posts:
Grumpos · 29/12/2019 14:20

You can definitely conceive FROM having sex 4 days prior to ovulation, that is because sperm can live around 5 days so yes in theory if you had sex on Wednesday without protection and then the egg was released on Saturday and met a little swimmer who’d hung around for a few days it’s entirely possible.

Whether it’s likely is another question. But technically it is possible, that is why the fertile period is not just the day of ovulation, the best time to have sex is just prior to ovulation, not after, so that the sperm meets the egg.

Ovulation pain is also real.

One thing I learnt from a long ttc journey was: everything is normal and nothing is normal when ttc. It always depends.

Tombliwho · 29/12/2019 14:29

🙄 this is absolutely the right board for this post.

Sunshinesuetwo · 29/12/2019 14:47

Thanks for your response

OP posts:
GreytExpectations · 29/12/2019 21:57

All the best on your own ttc journey. I hope you get your bfp soon

What a weird thing to post in the AIBU board. Just because this site has the ridiculous name of "mumsnet" not everyone is ttc. It's not hard to look for all the correct boards on here, just go to topics.

ludothedog · 29/12/2019 22:28

I'm told that there is no way I could feel implantation with DD but I promise you I did. However it was about 14 days after DTD ( or something like that - it was a long time ago now!). However it doesn't sound like that's what's happened to you. Never the less you could still be pregnant. Good luck anyway.

Sunshinesuetwo · 30/12/2019 00:07

@ludothedog thanks

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.