Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Feel like a tit

7 replies

BluebellsareBlue · 20/12/2019 00:11

Just Aibu to be totally furious when you get invested in a thread and it's maybe a troll?
I'm totally tired and upset and fucking pissed off supporting people that your heart goes out to and you then spill your story, bringing discontent, bad memories and heartbreak to find MN has taken it down as they have suspicions!!
What on earth do these people get from this? I shared my heartbreak and advice, my heartbreak sharing caused me pain to share and it was deemed helpful but for it to turn out to be a troll! Jesus! You absolute wankers!
Sorry! I just need a rant, I'm hurt, I feel exposed and I feel stupid !

OP posts:
ChazsBrilliantAttitude · 20/12/2019 00:15

Someone reading your post might have benefited from it hugely even if the OP wasn’t who they seemed.

It’s a PITA but it doesn’t mean your post was wasted Flowers

DramaAlpaca · 20/12/2019 00:19

Don't feel bad or stupid, I doubt there's anyone on here who hasn't been caught out by a troll thread. I know I have, and I've been here a while and am as cynical as they come.

As Chaz says, your post may well have really helped someone, so it wasn't a waste of your emotional energy Flowers

BluebellsareBlue · 20/12/2019 00:24

Thanks both. I just lurk normally but this one hit home and I commented, enough to make me cry as I typed. I know it's a TAAT but I'm just gutted that I took the courage to do it and it was shite! You are right tho, maybe someone read it and it maybe helped x

OP posts:
furrymulesandPJs · 20/12/2019 02:30

OP, am sorry you had that experience. You don't osund like a tit to me but a nice person. as PP have pointed out though, maybe your story helped others on there? Maybe it even helped that poster themselves? Some of their story may have been true, you never know. Don't worrry about it.
Flowers

furrymulesandPJs · 20/12/2019 02:31

How did anyone find out that this poster was a troll though? was it a PBP?

Yarboosucks · 20/12/2019 02:44

@BluebellsareBlue - When I saw that thread was taken down, I thought of you! You gave good, heartfelt advice. Whatever problems the poster had, I am very sure that your words gave comfort to others.

OxiBrilloRange · 20/12/2019 03:12

Which post?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.