Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for your embarrassing tipsy stories

2 replies

eyesbiggerthanstomach · 16/12/2019 19:43

So I have had the embarrassing Christmas party incidents when I was younger and general vomiting embarrassing situations.

AIBU to think that when you are just tipsy and in between drunk it can be more embarrassing?

We had our work Christmas party at a Chinese restaurant. I was sat near two colleagues I don't know very well and one who I mentor.

I was very very tipsy but not obviously so. Starters came out - all fine. Then the second set of starters came out. It was shredded duck and a shredded veggie option. Both to share. You then make your own pancakes. I'm a veggie and I don't know how but the whole shredded veggie large plate ended up in front of me. I don't think the waitress put it there although she did ask if I was a veggie but think I must have just grabbed it like a greedy cow and treated it like my own plate. The poor other 3 had to share the duck only. At one point my boss was walking past and drunkenly said 'eyes...have you got enough on your plate'. I still didn't twig that it wasn't mine but I had greedily taken it all for myself. Only twigged once I had sobered up.

I know it's not a big deal but I don't know why I feel so embarrassed. I'm tempted to apologise to my colleagues as I'm so embarrassed by it!

AIBU to think that sometimes not being obviously drunk is worse as it just makes you like you lack social decency!

OP posts:
believerinhope · 19/12/2019 13:23

For my Christmas ball last year, I spent ages choosing this elegant dress..it was magical. Hair and make up done. Kids were with their Dad for the weekend so I could really let my hair down.

Problem was, I was introduced to a rather strong gin cocktail...I only had the one, but felt very tipsy, but to everyone else I was fine. There was this massive grand stair case at the venue, beside the bar so everyone mingling at the top/sides could watch people coming up and down these beautiful stairs. I follow the ladies who (had only had a tipple) and because I was tipsy, I took a tumble...grabbed onto my colleagues dress in front but continued to slide down on my ass, pulling her with me. Awful....Luckily, everyone else got very drunk by the end of the night, I sobered up from pure embarrassment!

Winterdaysarehere · 19/12/2019 13:27

Christmas night out with a friend. New revamped local night club..
Didn't know steps in figured in the new plans..
Tripped up and grabbed the first thing...
A young lad's jeans...
Waist to ankles in less than 2 seconds.
Xmas Blush
Hasn't even had a drink yet!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.