Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Boden appalling customer service

17 replies

absopugginglutely · 11/12/2019 18:10

My dad kindly bought DD a pair of boots in her size for Xmas on Boden’s Website. When they came they were ridiculously narrow and DD couldn’t get them on.
I sent them back with an exchange form provided with the original delivery, exchanging them for a dress worth the same money so there’d be no faffing with money.
Three whole weeks later with no communication or anything I ring Boden to find out that the dress I ordered was out of stock and they were waiting for someone to return one in DD’s size so they could send it to us!!!

What a ridiculous system.

AIBU to make a complaint?

OP posts:

Am I being unreasonable?

67 votes. Final results.

POLL
You are being unreasonable
69%
You are NOT being unreasonable
31%
Crispyturtle · 11/12/2019 18:14

Seems like a massive overreaction to me. Why don’t you just say ‘actually that doesn’t work for me, please can you arrange a refund?’ instead? Why jump straight into complaining?

MrsMaiselsMuff · 11/12/2019 18:23

They should have contacted you to say there was a delay, but equally you could have contacted them some time ago to chase them up. What do you want from a complaint?

MrsMaiselsMuff · 11/12/2019 18:25

I expect this is why so few online retailers offer exchanges, they can't guarantee items will be in stock when they get the form. Easier to return and do a new order.

FluffyEarMuffs · 11/12/2019 18:31

Just get the refund and buy either that same dress in a bit IF it is back online... or a different one.

This is not a major customer service fail. It's not a fail at all in fact as it's still weeks away from Christmas and they were trying to fulfil what you wanted on your form.

They should have dropped you a line to let you know and give you the chance to change your mind, but it's really not a disaster you had to call a free phone number yourself 😁

Funnyface1 · 11/12/2019 18:39

I mean it's not great but I think appalling is a bit strong.

Hepsibar · 11/12/2019 18:54

I have to say, I have always found Boden to provide amazing customer service.

breakfastpizza · 11/12/2019 19:05

Mumsnet should have a consumer board. An audience this large could name and shame retailers into decent customer service.

FoodieToo · 11/12/2019 19:12

They offer amazing customer service in my experience.

Wildorchidz · 11/12/2019 19:13

Boden have one of the best customer service operations I have ever used.
Their chat facility is excellent.

Thehop · 11/12/2019 19:14

It’s not brilliant but not the end of the world. I’ve always had a good experience with them even though I only buy in the sale, so I’d give them another go.

LoveNote · 11/12/2019 19:16

its a non issue

yet you drag their name through the mud.....they don't have to even offer a refund or exchange at all

EmmaGrundyForPM · 11/12/2019 19:17

I think you are over reacting. It's not appalling customer service.

onemouseplace · 11/12/2019 19:21

I agree, not ideal but far from terrible.

I've always found Boden customer service to be excellent - the contrast between how they dealt with a missing delivery via Hermes v. Kate Spade (it was due to be delivered at the same time) was noticeable.

LynetteScavo · 11/12/2019 19:55

So just ask for a refund instead.

This is hardly appalling, and I'm easily appalled.

MiniMum97 · 12/12/2019 10:02

That's not appalling customer service, that's actually quite helpful of them. If I had really wanted the dress I would prefer they'd done that rather than say out of stock and here's a refund but you can check our website daily as there may be a return.

They've tried to do you a favour. Think it's above and beyond actually.

Would have been better if they'd sent a quick email to confirm that's what they were doing but I imagine they are super busy and you have called to chase earlier.

Streamside · 12/12/2019 21:28

I find Boden excellent and have never had a single issue with them.They're a joy to deal with.

Busy77 · 12/12/2019 21:39

I've always found Boden to have amazing customer service - only equalled IMO by the white company

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.