My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To really like the changes to Instagram?

14 replies

Rainbowtheunicorn · 27/11/2019 17:25

I’m not sure if there’s already been a thread on this as it happened a few weeks ago now.

But does anyone else think this is great?

Teens/ young people are under so much pressure to fit in and too much value is definitely put on ‘likes’ and popular posts.

I don’t use it much but I definitely feel happier posting now the number is likes isn’t there for everyone to see.

I’m not sure if this is a trial and if they are going to keep it but I really hope they do!

OP posts:
housebuyer101 · 27/11/2019 17:27

I still see like numbers!

Seeline · 27/11/2019 17:29

I can still see like numbers too

Scotinthenorth · 27/11/2019 17:30

I still see them

Rainbowtheunicorn · 27/11/2019 17:30

Oh! Maybe it’s something in the settings then? DH said he didn’t have like numbers either!

OP posts:
MarshaBradyo · 27/11/2019 17:31

Where are you? I just read about changes but that it was a trial in some countries

MarshaBradyo · 27/11/2019 17:32

I think it’s great and quite funny that some influencers have been up in arms in Australia

Candlecandle · 27/11/2019 17:32

I completely agree! I realise that I couldn't help but read the numbers before, easier to scroll through now and great for people's self esteem I think.

Rainbowtheunicorn · 27/11/2019 17:33

I’m in the UK. South west if that makes any difference!

I can see why some influencers would see this as a negative but I think it can only be a good thing.

I hope they roll it out.

OP posts:
Andysbestadventure · 27/11/2019 17:34

UK and likes still entirely visible

rippingburrito · 27/11/2019 17:35

I can't see them either. It's in trial over here so not everyone can see the changes.

Personally, I love it! I have a young daughter (only1.5) and I'm already worried about the world she is going to grow up in! I believe it has been done to reduce the pressure experienced by some when using social media.

I still gaze that way though so i must have taken an interest in the number of likes before!

However, people who use Instagram for their business may feel differently...

MarshaBradyo · 27/11/2019 17:36

I hope they roll it out

Kit19 · 27/11/2019 17:37

I can see likes but I can’t see what people I follow like which is a shame because I’ve followed some interesting accounts I wouldn’t otherwise have done and now I find it less user friendly

MsChatterbox · 27/11/2019 17:37

My likes have been hidden. Think they're rolling it out gradually in different areas. I'm all for it. I know people that only upload at 7pm as that's when they'll get likes. And others that won't upload a picture they really want to share because they know it won't get likes.

Rainbowtheunicorn · 27/11/2019 17:37

Personally, I love it! I have a young daughter (only1.5) and I'm already worried about the world she is going to grow up in

Absolutely agree. My daughter is the same age and I don’t want her to have to worry about the anxieties that teens do today. Something definitely needs to change.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.