or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Repeated suicide threats on twitter

8 replies

selfidentifyinggiraffe · 01/11/2018 21:56

Just come across an account

407 followers

Clearly person is very mentally unwell- believes police are stalking and torturing them

They're tweeting just about everyone like the home office, police etc

In the last 24-48 hours I don't think anyone has replied at all - all the replies seem to be them talking to themselves and they're tweeting every few hours

This makes me feel so sad and a bit stupid as I don't know what to do... it's not really like police wouldn't know if they're tweeting them is it??

What do you do???

OP posts:
selfidentifyinggiraffe · 01/11/2018 22:10

OP posts:
SmokeAndBone · 01/11/2018 22:16

I'm not a Twitter user, but is there some kind of 'report' function?
Like MNHQ for tweeters?

selfidentifyinggiraffe · 01/11/2018 22:25

Probably...

Will have a look

I couldn't find it the other day for someone though and they deleted their account or twitter deleted it (don't know which) but that case lots of people were worried so I know I wasn't the only one and they had lots of responses

This individual has none - but they themselves are tweeting the home office etc

407 followers and literally nobody responding, I'm not a follower and caught a tweet so looked further

Would you call the police?

OP posts:
DaisyDreaming · 01/11/2018 22:27

Is there anything identifying? I remember watching a program on someone reporting a suicidal person on Twitter, they were located and taken to hospital

UnderMajorDomoMinor · 01/11/2018 22:35
selfidentifyinggiraffe · 01/11/2018 22:42

They have posted many identifying documents on twitter so yes I do have a name for them and possible address

I can't work out if they are the nuisance or the victim or really if either matters as they're clearly very unwell from posting history but I don't want to start engaging them myself as I've seen they have posted details of restraining orders against them

Will have a look at samaritans website and see...

For all I know they might be living in a hospital already

Just don't want to ignore if they aren't

OP posts:
Athena51 · 01/11/2018 22:43

You can report tweets for contemplating self-harm or suicide. I'm not sure what Twitter do in that scenario.

I've reported tweets but for different reasons such as racism or misogyny.

selfidentifyinggiraffe · 01/11/2018 22:56

Meh I've contacted the police, they're going to to a welfare check.

Hope I haven't wasted their time but at the same time hopefully they'd have details if the person is already being cared for appropriately which would save them a trip

It's so sad - I can clearly see they're very unwell but how awful to feel that way. They sound so scared

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.