My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To expect the builder to find bricks the same size and colour?

7 replies

catinapickle · 27/09/2018 09:33

WE have a builder doing some maintenance jobs on the house we've just bought. There are 3 bricks missing at the top of the dividing wall between our house and next door - see photo. We agreed that he would repair it, but the bricks he is intending to used don't match. Although they are the right colour, they are about 1cm shorter and the other dimensions are also about 0.5cm less.

The bricks we need are approximately 22.5cm long with a cross section that is 10.5 x 6.5cm.

We thought they might be "London Stock" but we've checked the dimensions of those online and they're a bit bigger.

Is it reasonable to think we might find the right type with a bit of effort?

To expect the builder to find bricks the same size and colour?
OP posts:
Buster72 · 27/09/2018 10:11

Go on then find them.....

TheCircleFan75 · 27/09/2018 10:16

Buildbase do a brick matching service but you should do it yourself- a big ask for your builder to spend the time for 3 bricks & they might not even be still available

catinapickle · 27/09/2018 10:41

That's the sort of info I need re Buildbase. Good to know, thanks.

Happy to put some legwork into it. Just a bit annoyed that the builder would have gone ahead with fitting a mid-match if I hadn't spotted it.

OP posts:
Racecardriver · 27/09/2018 10:44

It is anoyung that he didn't even tell you. Poor service. Could you possibly just get some made? Surely for just three bricks it couldn't be that expensive.

TheCircleFan75 · 27/09/2018 10:44

Pretty sure Jewsons do as well

TheCircleFan75 · 27/09/2018 10:48

If you can get to one of their bigger branches they have loads of different bricks on pallets in the yard.
They also have sample boards inside. Good luck

FluffySox · 27/09/2018 10:49

Try this place OP.

Wienerberger UK

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.