Mumsnet Logo
My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

... to expect the clothes shown in the new Next catalogue to actually be available ??

7 replies

catsmother · 09/04/2007 18:00

Spent all day Saturday traipsing around Cambridge, for 7 hours, trying to find something to wear to a wedding in 2 weeks time.

Couldn't spend too much, couldn't justify buying something which would never be worn again, so was trying to find something suitable for an informal wedding (but not too casual) ... you know how it is. In one shop, trying to remember if "this" would go with "that" (in another shop miles away). Got a splitting headache, aching back, gave up .....

With a few ideas in my head, came home, looked at my Next catalogue, decided what I wanted and went back there again today, & ended up buying a particular pair of trousers, in an unusual shade of pale (pistachio ?) green from Next.

So far so good .....

The stores didn't have the matching shell top & cardi I wanted, but nevermind thought I, I can order those online.

Have just tried - and they will be 5-6 bloody weeks. And no, they are not in ANY store yet, and won't be until the beginning of May. So why advertise them in a catalogue which was sent out a few weeks ago for god's sake ?

I now try and find something to go with existing trousers - which won't be the same as the Next stuff which is designed to match, or, I have the hassle of taking those back for a refund, and starting all over again ..... this time with a 3 year old in tow as this weekend was the last opportunity I had to go shopping on my own.

Rant over, I know no-one else will give a damn, I am just furious at all my wasted time, and all my good ideas gone to pot.

OP posts:

pansypants · 09/04/2007 18:16

ahh you sound so and , it is the same for nearly all of us im sure. I also hate shopping and never find what i would like ..i dont think i m too demanding either . Next did have black linen pants for £20 ..... will nothing go with them?

dmo · 09/04/2007 19:51

just been on argos website spent 2 hrs ordering new toys for outdoors and for my nieces birthday and when i clicked to send only 1 item was available and no sentence to say they will be with you in 6 weeks just sorry item is unavailable

WelshBoris · 09/04/2007 19:53

I ordered a load on the Next site this morning for DD and only one pair of leggings were out of stock.

I then went to the branch in the local retail park and spent a fortune in there aswell

Just bad luck for you I think with your choices.

mosschops30 · 09/04/2007 19:56

i ordered £700 worth of stuff from Next and only half of it was available, I'm still waiting for the rest. and some of it wasnt even available to order it said check again in 2 weeks.

i just accept it though being as its been nice weather and people are thinking about summer and buying stuff for holiday

MellowMa · 09/04/2007 19:58

Message withdrawn

zippitippitoes · 09/04/2007 19:58

after my only ever order from next before christams where things took up[ to 3 months i have concluded that they don't manufacture anything until they have orders in

and they charged me not once but twice for the rug that they never delivered

they are rubbish

hippipotami · 09/04/2007 20:05

£700???? wow, that was some shopping spree!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?