Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Phantom Baby Kicks

14 replies

NachoAddict · 02/08/2017 10:14

AIBU to be so freaked out I take a pregnancy test later?

I have a copper coil, I also take Dianette contraceptive pill so pretty much no chance what so ever at being pregnant.

This morning so far I have felt 3 'kicks' and it is freaking me out! usually when I have phantom baby kicks they are up high but these are low, exactly where they would be if I was fairly early in pregnancy ie 14-18 weeks.

Please reassure me you all feel phantom baby kicks too. Absolutely freaked and going to buy a test later even though I know I can't possibly be.

OP posts:
RedGrapeCornSnake · 02/08/2017 10:28

I get them, it's wind moving about!
Early on post pregnancy when things were very lax I could see the moving wind ripple my belly (classy!)

ElizabethLemon · 02/08/2017 10:41

I've been pregnant for about 6 years if that's any help!

NachoAddict · 02/08/2017 10:47

Thanks, I know it's just wind but I still panic. The first one was like, whoa what the hell was that?! Then 3 more...

I have felt them on and off through the years too, still awaiting a delivery of a 4year pregnancy. Grin

OP posts:
Allthewaves · 02/08/2017 10:49

Yep I get those - totally freaky

Camomila · 02/08/2017 11:08

It's wind, I get them too but only after having DS....or before if I had them I would have just thought wind rather than that feel so like a baby.

NachoAddict · 02/08/2017 11:49

I only ever noticed them after being pregnant too Camomila I guess before you wouldn't have known what a baby feels like though. It's so similar.

They are still going on.

OP posts:
Namechange54 · 02/08/2017 12:13

I got them, took a pregnancy test (or about a million over the course of a week) and they were all negative, but I was so so sure I was pregnant even though it was very unlikely. I forgot about it for a week or two, started to feel unwell and thought I'd take another test just to be sure and It turned out I was actually pregnant (but no way it can have been the baby moving that I felt, I was only 6-8 weeks (I still can't work out the dates)...it must have been the extra wind I was noticing!). Sadly it ended in MC early on, but made me trust my instinct a little more.

NachoAddict · 02/08/2017 12:29

NameChange Sorry to hear about your loss. did you have any other symptoms of pregnancy that made you test or just the wind/movements?

I think I last took a pregnancy test in March after some random bleeding spells, I am so paranoid about pregnancy that I should have shares in clearblue! Think I will definitely take another tonight.

OP posts:
Namechange54 · 02/08/2017 12:46

I had very red gums (I know it's weird, but I seem to get that early pregnancy), felt faint once when I stood up too quickly but that's about it until a couple of weeks later when sickness set in. I must've taken so many tests, but stopped because it was costing us a small fortune, then when I started throwing up I really knew and test confirmed.

Hope you get the result you want either way Smile.

MaidOfStars · 02/08/2017 13:19

Wind. I get these. It's very disconcerting. I've never felt a real baby kick but I can now imagine it!

MaidOfStars · 02/08/2017 13:20

Oh, and if I catch a little row of them and examine my tummy, I can see it jump.

anchor9 · 02/08/2017 13:41

my pfb is nearly 4 months old and if I wasn't sure I'm not I would swear I was pregnant Confused

NachoAddict · 03/08/2017 09:52

Well I carried on feeling them all afternoon so I got a test - Negative of course. Still feeling odd ones this morning. Quite Bizarre!

OP posts:
Namechange54 · 03/08/2017 21:09

How strange - hope the test has put your mind at east though!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.