Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Flapping about this hen do...

1 reply

hendopanic · 31/07/2017 11:51

AIBU to be worrying?

I am naturally a worrier, I've been trying not to think too much about it but the closer it gets am starting to panic.

So, a lovely friend is getting married later this year. Have been invited to wedding and also to hen weekend. Originally there was some talk of going abroad but lots not keen so now we're going to a big city about 3 hours from where we live.

First issue (but i think I've got over this) is the journey. Its a good 3 hours by car, worse by train. My car is quite old, and not suited to motorways. I wouldn't feel confident driving it that far. If i go by train I'd have to leave at 7am to get there in time for planned activities (starting at 11-11.30), and get a cab nearly 6 miles from the station. I'm hoping i can get a lift down instead with one of the other hens and will obvs pay half petrol.

Then we have nowhere yet to stay. The hens organizing have said they'll sort it out but we're only a few weeks away, we're a big group, I'm concerned we'll find anywhere at all, certainly we won't be in the same hotel I don't think.

I've already paid for the daytime activity and don't want to let my friend down but would you be concerned?

OP posts:
BackforGood · 31/07/2017 23:44

Well, yes. I would, but this is why I continually end up organising / booking things myself, as I am the sort of person who likes to know everything is arranged beforehand.
Mind, I'd have wanted to know all this information before booking the 'activity', as it is going to make a massive difference to the price if they book some 5* hotel somewhere rather than rooms together in a hostel or big house you could rent, etc.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.