Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

School jumpers

11 replies

strugglingstepdad · 22/07/2017 15:23

Well I don't know who's wrong here, me or swmbo!

I bought the new uniforms this week (school logo'd stuff comes direct from the school). I bought 2 jumpers for the 6 year old dss, and a jumper and cardigan for the 4 year old dsd. Apparently girls don't wear jumpers to school?

I thought I had done quite well thinking that through, jumper for winter and cardigan for summer, but apparently I'm wrong!

Any thoughts?

OP posts:

Gileswithachainsaw · 22/07/2017 15:27

She's 4. She will grow out of it in a few weeks or it will get ruined. She can do as she's told and wear it til then Wink

Luckymummy22 · 22/07/2017 15:29

My daughter moaned that I didn't buy her a jumper!' Her best friend wears one. Probably a hand me down from her brother.

I prefer girls in cardigans but I don't suppose it really matters

Saiman · 22/07/2017 15:30

My dd didnt like jumpers. Maybe she doesnt.

Silly time to buy as she may grow out of it by september though.

Who thinks you are unreasonable

SaltyMyDear · 22/07/2017 15:30

Boys don't wear cardigans. But girls can wear either.

Gileswithachainsaw · 22/07/2017 15:32

sai

Did you kiss the part where it's only available from the school and they broke up yesterday.

Gileswithachainsaw · 22/07/2017 15:32

Miss

strugglingstepdad · 22/07/2017 15:33

Sorry, swmbo = she who must be obeyed lol

I was apparently supposed to get 2 cardigans not a jumper and a cardigan lol

OP posts:

CrochetBelle · 22/07/2017 15:33

Saiman Not all schools go back in September.

OP why did you not ask what DSD wanted for uniform?

SomewhatIdiosyncratic · 22/07/2017 15:41

DS wears cardigans. The logo jumpers don't fit over his head without considerable force. The logo cardigans are warmer than generic acrylic jumpers and last well. Some other mums have said that they'll hand down their daughter's cardigans to their sons. He favours shorts year round and the cardigans look rather good with them.

The uniform policy is just a list of approved items not gender specific. Girls can wear jumpers and vice versa.

(My grandad loved cardigans, he was not a man to mess with! Grin)

swmbo1 · 22/07/2017 15:47

I'm the partner. What he forgot to put is that I already made a list of two cardigans (as we already have a jumper). He forgot to put that my actual problem is that he always changes things to what he wants and does not know what we need or have. She wouldn't need two jumpers as she will have dresses but would need two cardigans. I know girls can wear jumpers but as she is the only girl (4 boys) cardigans are a rare thing to buy. I wish op could of been more specific lol

cardibach · 22/07/2017 15:49

Can you two have this argument in private? It doesn't matter. Both do the same job. It's all fine and she'll be warm.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?