My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To shut my son in the shed?! (lighthearted)

5 replies

JayoftheRed · 17/07/2017 21:00

My 4 year old is doing my head in. He will not sleep. He will not attempt to sleep. He screams the house down if I leave him alone in his room, but if I sit with him, he makes constant noises. If I tell him to be quiet, he blows raspberries at me. He will not keep still. Legs and arms flapping about all over the place.

I have left the room twice but he screams and screams and woke the baby up.

He is lying in bed muttering and sort of clicking to himself. Every few minutes it gets louder and louder so I have to shush him, and then he spits.

Would IBU to shut him in the shed so I can't hear the screams and have some wine?

OP posts:
Notevilstepmother · 17/07/2017 21:05

I think making him run laps of the garden might be more successful.

Heroicallylost · 17/07/2017 21:10

Sympathies, my 4yr old was doing the same until 8.45. It's just gone quiet upstairs now thank god!

JayoftheRed · 17/07/2017 21:12

But then I'd have to keep am eye on him. Whereas if he was in the shed, I could just leave him there. I can't believe I've sat here for over an hour with him muttering away. I want to scream, it's so irritating. But he makes such a scene if I leave the room, it's not worth it.

I should add that he's usually fine and asleep within 5-10 minutes of his bedtime story. I assume it's the heat that's keeping him awake but he's driving me mad!

OP posts:
TheUpsideDown · 17/07/2017 21:19

Mines like this whenever he goes for a poo.

All manner of shouting, banging, singing, amateur dramatics, towel-rearranging, bin-upturning, tap-whooshing shenanigans occur over the course of around an hour EVERY time he needs a number 2

If I had a pound for every time I had to say "what are you doing in here now?!... just wipe your bottom for heavens sake!!"

mrsRosaPimento · 17/07/2017 21:30

Super nanny return to bedroom/bed without speaking, looking or any other interaction. I would tell ds2 the first time that it was bedtime. He's still a bit awkward at bedtime and he's 10 now. Although we do have a shed...

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.