Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Pregnant and feel awful

7 replies

snoopypoodle · 14/07/2017 09:45

Since last night I've developed a headache above my right brow bone, I hoped it would go away after a good sleep but it's back with a vengeance.
Keep wanting to rub my eye as I feel like it keeps watering but it isn't and it really hurts.

Also feel quite run down in general (not sure why as not done anything straining). I'm 20 weeks pg
The headache seems to be radiating from the brow bone upwards and sideways to the right of my head and light irritates it. I feel weird like that feeling you get in your sinuses after you've been crying for a long time but I haven't cried.

My whole body aches, my back and neck, my abdominal area in general and also getting pangs on each side now and then, and despite actually having a good nights sleep I feel exhausted, my shoulders are literally drooping and feel very heavy.
Can't rest as have a 2 year old to look after.

Aibu to want to switch DS off for the day and crawl back in bed? But I can't find the damn remote for him

OP posts:

ConstanceCraving · 14/07/2017 09:47

You poor thing. Maybe ring your GP and see if you can get checked over?

McSleepy · 14/07/2017 09:56

Definitely get yourself down to the GP. I was advised to get bad headaches checked out for blood pressure/ pre-eclampsia. Not sure if the advice is the same now though. Hope you feel better soon x

aaaaargghhhhelpme · 14/07/2017 09:58

Agree. Off to the Drs with you!
Do you have anyone around who could help with ds for a while? Just to give you a break?! (I know what that's like. I have a stinking cold. So does Ds. But. That. Is. Not. Stopping. Him)
Take care and hope you feel better soon Flowers

CommonSenseIsNotAllThatCommon · 14/07/2017 09:59

Sounds like cluster headaches but do go and get checked over by your GP.

FlyingCat · 14/07/2017 10:06

Sounds horrible. Definately consider seeing your gp but also some self care in the meantime, take two paracetamol, drink a large glass of water and eat something. For me I used to get these when I was dehydrated or low blood sugars.

peachgreen · 14/07/2017 10:27

You poor thing. That sounds like a migraine to me (on one side, irritated by light, pain in the eye, general aches and pains). I had my first one during pregnancy too and it was horrible! Definitely get yourself checked over by midwife / GP to make sure your blood pressure is okay.

snoopypoodle · 14/07/2017 12:00

Thank you for all the replies!

Went for a very long steamy shower with DS, brought some toys in with him, sat on the floor.
Thought I felt better but as soon as we got out I could feel how tired I was.

Went and had cuddles on the bed for 20-30 mins, I had the right side of my head against the pillow to block out some light, DS was surprisingly good.

Headache still there but a lot milder, still feel the pressure behind my eye and it feels a little like it's tearing up but it's not, I'm taking it easy, made some eggy bread as not managed to eat earlier just having that and water.

Will see how I feel later. Have work at 4.30.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?