My name, for the sake of this post, we shall say is Sharon.
I like my name. It is an alright name as names go. No problems.
- I also have two cousins called Sharon.
- My sister in law is a Sharon.
- My boss is Sharon.
- Two work mates are also Sharon.
- I have a friend called Sharon.
- Everyone found it so funny that there is now also a family pet at my parents house, called Sharon.
It's confusing at family get togethers, it's hard to hold a coherent conversation with someone about a Sharon and worst of all now is the impact in work. Regular mix ups with me getting the blame for something Sharon #3 has done.
I am sick and tired of it. Aibu to think of changing my name? I realise that there will always be another Sharon, or any other name, but i'm so tempted.
I considered just going by my middle name in work to take a Sharon out of the equation which lead to me thinking of just an entire deedpoll.
I'm thinking the more ridiculous the better.
**whilst I am half serious, please take this in the light hearted vein I mean it as. I realise that no matter what there will always be someone else with my name. I don't own it.**