Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

First birthday

5 replies

PandaFalls · 13/07/2017 14:13

AIBU to invite family to DD's birthday BBQ giving two possible days due to weather? Our home is small with a very large garden, so if the weather is poor there's no way we have the space for everyone who wants to come.

I have said on the 'invite' that we understand it'll be short notice and won't be offended if people can't come.

OP posts:

NightCzar · 14/07/2017 11:17

Perhaps pick your preferred day and say it's on x date (with x as a back up date in case of bad weather). Let them know when you'll make the decision, eg 3pm the day before.

MumsOnCrack · 14/07/2017 11:28

Can you borrow a gazebo?

Rainatnight · 14/07/2017 11:32

I think it'll get confusing with two possible dates. This is England - everyone's used to bad weather and with squash up inside of the worst comes to the worst.

NerrSnerr · 14/07/2017 11:36

I think it's a bit unfair to expect people to keep two weekend days free, especially those who have to travel.

Yukbuck · 14/07/2017 11:38

I would get a gazebo too! Win win. We did it for a family members surprise party a few years back. It worked well!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?