Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Nana naps.

18 replies

EssieTregowan · 03/07/2017 19:30

How often do you have one?

I had a very pleasant one after lunch, I actually set an alarm because I worried I'd sleep through the school run.

I'm finding it's something I do more and more. I tend to do all my busying early and then flake after lunch.

It's not just me, is it? Tell me you are also fond of a little afternoon shut eye when you can?

OP posts:
SureIusedtobetaller · 03/07/2017 19:32

Just had one!
Don't often have time but if I can squeeze one in. Zzzzz...

EssieTregowan · 03/07/2017 19:37

Nice!

Dh quite often has a sneaky one on weekend afternoons.

I never used to like naps as I'd wake up all groggy but I seem to have grown into them.

OP posts:
Dairymilkmuncher · 03/07/2017 19:37

I'm no nana but I sure can nap Grin I have a few a week and don't feel bad at all because I work very early and late and when my ds2 sleeps it has me coming over all sleepy too

HemanOrSheRa · 03/07/2017 19:45

Ooh. I love a Nanna Nap. I have a little lie down most afternoons after I've finished work and before DS gets home from school. Just lie quietly reading and maybe doze off. Lovely!

buggerthebotox · 03/07/2017 19:52

I love a napzzzzzzzz...

For some reason, I need to have the telly on though. Doctors (that unrivalled daily soap) is great to nap to.

I call it beauty sleep. Very necessary.

60sname · 03/07/2017 19:55

I'd love to but I'd probably get fired Grin

mortificado · 03/07/2017 19:56

I can't nap in the day!
I wake up confused, disorientated and angry. Envy-envy!

Lovestonap · 03/07/2017 19:59

I refer you to my user name
I have a regular alarm set on my phone for ten to three so I don't miss school run if I fall.asleep! X

buggerthebotox · 03/07/2017 20:01

Apparently the trick is to drink some tea or coffee before nodding off, to stop grogginess.

I rarely sleep for more than 15 minutes, and I'm down to 3 potential naps a week now.

Cantseethewoods · 03/07/2017 20:03

My grandad had a nap after lunch every day- farmer so self employed and early riser. He lived to be 95 so that conclusively proves its beneficial Grin

flickerty · 03/07/2017 20:16

I love a nap. DH (only half jokingly) loves to call me a lazy moo because of it. BUT I've worked out there is a direct positive correlation between naps and the chance of him getting sex at night so he better not complain too much Grin

AnyFucker · 03/07/2017 20:19

Last couple of years I have a nap most days after getting home from work. I usually have half to an hours peace and quiet before everyone else starts arriving home.

I used to use it to catch up on housework/get the tea on/call at the shops. Then I saw the light.

TowerRavenSeven · 03/07/2017 20:19

Yes! Right after lunch. Previously could never nap ever!

NC4now · 03/07/2017 20:21

According to my FitBit I have a regular sleep routine of 6.5 hours at night and an hour after my tea. Blush

FormerlyFrikadela01 · 03/07/2017 20:23

I miss naps. Haven't had a decent one since DS was born a year ago.
About 1:30-2ish used to be a good time. With really rubbish daytime TV on in the background

Cakedoesntjudge · 03/07/2017 20:45

I love a nap! The days I'm not working it's pretty rare for me not to have one. I'm a night owl and can never get to sleep before 1am at the earliest so getting up early for the school run kills me if I don't fit a nap in too!

Be warned though: There was one terrible day where I did sleep through the school run. I woke up at ten past 4 and instantly had a complete panicky breakdown that DS would have already been carted off by SS. I called school crying and apologising and it took the receptionist ages to calm me down when I got there and assure me she didn't think I was an awful person. I am very lucky that I have an excellent school receptionist who I chat to a lot and who was fully aware that since it was exam time, juggling revision, exams, work, house stuff and being a single mum was getting on top of me! (She got a bunch of flowers and a hug the next day, DS has never let me forget it).

pinkyflower · 04/07/2017 13:16

I love a nana nap - during a normal week, I only get the chance on a Saturday afternoon, but if I get an opportunity in the week due to holiday or whatever, I love me a nice couple of hours snuggled in bed!

Hopelass · 04/07/2017 13:23

I have to have naps to stay sane. I like to have one everyday when littlest one (8.5 months) naps and 3.5 year old is at nursery. Unfortunately on days like today when I have both kids I can't. Boo.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.