My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Posters who ask who has time for such a trivial issue?

13 replies

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered · 29/06/2017 14:45

AIBU to be sick to the back teeth of the invasion of MN by smug, joyless and sanctimonious pricks?

I often see someone post what in days of yore would promise to be an enjoyable and/or lighthearted thread, guaranteed to provide entertainment to many, only for some twat to pipe up with something like "I can't believe you care about this enough to post about it on MN". Now, clearly the aforesaid twat cares just as much as the OP, or else why would they be arsed to post anything themselves? Surely if it's so incredibly trivial they should just close the thread and get back to solving world hunger? Yet they don't, because they're determined to give someone else a kicking, prove how superior they are, and ruin entertaining threads about supermarket shopping and other equally amusing activities.

If you are one of these pricks - pack it in! Angry

OP posts:
JunefromAccounts · 29/06/2017 14:48

Yanbu. They are in the same category as posters who give you a Biscuit

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 · 29/06/2017 16:09

I think some posters post what they do so they appear as witty and hoping for a few giggles. When in fact they look plain rude. Not really welcoming neither for someone who is new to MN. A few posters I have noticed do it quite frequently.

I hate the " Is it school holidays already Hmm "
and attempted troll hunting in a "witty" way.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered · 29/06/2017 16:46

Is it school holidays already?

^ exactly! Very condescending and rude.

OP posts:
VintagePerfumista · 29/06/2017 16:49

I'm more sick at the invasion of goady fucking PBPs and trolls myself.

Getting better at spotting them though. Hyperbolic OP, new to MN and yet refer to long term posters by their abbreviated nicknames, talk about farting and their kids getting bollocked by the neighbours/school, bad spelling.

comedycentral · 29/06/2017 17:03

Another one I hate is 'It all sounds a bit Jeremy Kyle' to me.

FastAbsorbingCake · 29/06/2017 17:29

Oh My God I can't believe you started this thread when there are unanswered threads out there. You are so entitled/ selfish/a bully. I mean really what a first world problem, I feel sorry for your DC's.

I think I got top pet hates in there GrinGrinGrin

Mandraki · 29/06/2017 18:11

I'm glad you've said it. I thought it was just me being a pregnant grouch! Read several threads in the past hour where I've wanted to comment saying basically this, but haven't. Bore off with ya bullshit will ya! Feels good to let it out!

Sparklingbrook · 29/06/2017 18:22

I'm more sick at the invasion of goady fucking PBPs and trolls myself

Yep 100%.

It is a bit insulting to schoolchildren to ask about the school holiday thing. I don't think it's bored children at all.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered · 29/06/2017 18:34

Oh My God I can't believe you started this thread when there are unanswered threads out there. You are so entitled/ selfish/a bully. I mean really what a first world problem, I feel sorry for your DC's.

Grin Grin Grin

OP posts:
JaneJeffer · 29/06/2017 20:11
PersianCatLady · 30/06/2017 02:31

"I can't believe you care about this enough to post about it on MN"
I know even if they think the issue is trivial why can't they piss off and allow those who are enjoying chatting about to get on with it??

BitOfFun · 30/06/2017 02:52

Yes, I saw someone snark on a thread recently that people really needed to get a life. After reading 600+ posts.

MrsTerryPratchett · 30/06/2017 03:02

My theory about PBPs and trolls is that sometimes it's important to behave as if they are real. Someone might be lurking with that issue and need support.

Unfortunately that means that I am pretty awful when I know it's a troll. Because all that pent-up troll-baiting is released.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.