Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Someone has stolen my parcel!

14 replies

PoisonousSmurf · 26/06/2017 11:16

I ordered a small item from Amazon on Friday for delivery on Saturday. Waited all day and nothing came. Checked on the delivery status and it said that it had been handed to ME!
Err, no it wasn't! Sometimes parcels go to another house on the next street. Went and checked with them and they say they didn't get anything.
So who is lying? The house owner or the courier? It's only office chair wheels FGS!

OP posts:
youngestisapsycho · 26/06/2017 11:18

Report to Amazon...

youngestisapsycho · 26/06/2017 11:19

My parcels always say 'handed to' me, but they are not, they are left by my front door! Couriers risk... always report.

BarbieBrightSide · 26/06/2017 11:21

Have you looked in the usual places that parcels might be left?

I remember being in the same situation and it had been left undercover near the front door, which we never use, so I hadn't seen it. That was listed as handed to resident, too

Quadrangle · 26/06/2017 11:21

I've twice had things marked as delivered by Amazon when they certainly have not been.

PoisonousSmurf · 26/06/2017 11:22

Yes I've reported to Amazon. Still waiting to hear back.

OP posts:
PoisonousSmurf · 26/06/2017 11:23

Strange thing is, when Amazon use Royal Mail, there never is a problem. Their 'Amazon Logistics' are crap!

OP posts:
ColourfulOrangex · 26/06/2017 11:23

Amazon do this to me quite frequently, I live in a flat in a block of 10 and it will say handed to recipient...erm no it wasn't, amazon are normally quite good at sorting it out although once they told me it said it has been handed to me as he was running late that day and I would receive it tomorrow...didn't understand why it didn't just say postponed...hope you get the wheels OP

PoisonousSmurf · 26/06/2017 11:26

I hope I get the wheels as well. My office chair is a pain to move around at the moment. Grrr!

OP posts:
LurkingHusband · 26/06/2017 11:57

Had a similar thing a couple of years ago. Duly reported, and Amazon immediately dispatched a replacement which was here next day.

Couple of days after that, a "neighbour" from 15 doors down knocked on the door with the original package. The address label had somehow been skewed so only one digit was visible. Because no signature was needed the driver obviously took pot luck at a house with a "9" in it Smile.

Emailed Amazon to ask to return and they replied saying "have it on us" ....

HundredMilesAnHour · 26/06/2017 12:56

Amazon Logistics are quite dreadful but Amazon are very good at sending replacements with no hassle. I usually contact them via their online chat function and a replacement is sent within a few minutes.

inkydinky · 26/06/2017 13:01

Quite normal with amazon in my experience. My favourite was when a parcel of books was listed as handed to me when they were in fact delivered by a random dog walker who had found them on a path in a village several miles away!

OhDearToby · 26/06/2017 13:04

I've had this happen a few times. Amazon have always sorted it out quickly and sent a replacement the next day.

sayshellsunderwaterblblblb · 26/06/2017 13:24

Contact the delivery company and get them to nab the courier and find out from him/her where the parcel was actually delivered.

ColourfulOrangex · 28/06/2017 20:35

Did you get your parcel OP?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.