Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To feel a bit pissed off

4 replies

aliphil · 25/06/2017 09:49

One of my singing friends got married yesterday. We sing in a group of about 12-15 people (varies slightly). When she got engaged she was all excited about having us to sing at the wedding. I didn't get an invitation so thought she must have changed her mind - fair enough. Seeing the photos, I realised that she invited all the group but three of us. AIBU to be a bit pissed off? If she'd said, "It would have been lovely to have you all to sing but sorry, we don't have space" I wouldn't have minded as much.

OP posts:
BlondeB83 · 25/06/2017 09:55

People say all sorts when they're first engaged, then the reality (and cost) of planning a wedding sets in.

Mumzypopz · 25/06/2017 10:12

Does seem a bit unfair to just miss three people out tho.....

aliphil · 26/06/2017 11:02

This is the third time I've not been invited to the wedding of someone in the group so I may be getting a little paranoid! If there's an issue with my voice or my appearance or something, I wish someone would say what it is. Though I don't think it can be my voice as I haven't been dropped off the list to do gigs.

OP posts:
snurfflepots · 26/06/2017 11:26

Honestly... if this is the third time I'd be looking at how I interact with others in the group. Maybe you're rubbing them up the wrong way and not aware of it?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.