Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To worry about work

11 replies

KingLouisa · 10/06/2017 21:48

hello hope your ok. I've always been the anxious type but it's getting worse! I worry about my job constantly. I worry that in years time a mistake ive made that I'm unaware of will come out. I had a mentor who was foul to me and it's clouded everything and I've got no confidence in the role. what do I do?

OP posts:
KingLouisa · 10/06/2017 22:17

Anyone?

OP posts:
ApplesOranges · 10/06/2017 22:19

I'm the type who worries too. I feel mine are irrational a lot of the time - I can catastrophise. What sector do you work in? Have you thought about behaviour therapy?

StealthPolarBear · 10/06/2017 22:21

It sounds like you're generally an anxious person and work is just the focus for your anxiety to me.
You need to ask for feedback from someone you trust and then trust them. Do you think the people who hired you are competent?

KingLouisa · 10/06/2017 22:33

they're very bitchy so I'm uncomfortable and dont want to ask anyone.

OP posts:
KingLouisa · 11/06/2017 00:45

what should I do?

OP posts:
StealthPolarBear · 11/06/2017 06:25

Do you have appraisals with your line manager

Binkybix · 11/06/2017 06:36

I can be an anxious person and it gets worse in a bad organisation, with a bad manager or if what I need to achieve isn't clear.

If the first two apply if try to change them. If the third address it with your line manager with a plan of what you want to do.

Have you felt like this before? If not what has changed?

helenfagain · 11/06/2017 07:01

No advice but I am exactly the same. I have always been anxious but much worse since I had ds.i have returned to work after maternity to different management and a role that has changed beyond all recognition (although job title is the same!). No one has rolled out to me what my responsibilities and and I live in constant fear of cock ups. I have brought this up and no one has done anything. Considering a complete career change as it's making me miserable. I used to love my job.

Crumbs1 · 11/06/2017 07:06

Don't you have 121s with your line manager? You should ask them for feedback on your performance. Everyone makes mistakes, it generally isn't a big issue unless someone's lied to cover their mistake up, they were criminally negligent or continued to make the same mistake over and over again.

KingLouisa · 11/06/2017 21:11

My manager is a bit odd and dismissive. The culture is very bitchy but the job is good and there is nice people there. Basically if I make a mistake it could be found out in 3 or 4 years and I hate that hanging over me. I'm pregnant so I think that's affecting it too although on here many women don't like pregnancy being 'blamed'

OP posts:
ApplesOranges · 12/06/2017 20:10

What sector do you work in?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.