My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

oh help. DS seems to have developed allergies all of a sudden despite having the all clear in the past.

4 replies

Megletwantsittobesummer · 22/03/2010 22:02

DS is 3.4. He had excema as a baby and one random incident of hives but is ok now and he just tends to get dry skin. He was also been allergy tested for dairy, shellfish, animal fur etc and a separate test at 3yrs for all nuts - everything was fine.

But yesterday he had a small piece of pine nut and came up in hives, itching, sneezing and eventually threw up. (He had had the all clear from the hospital on pine nuts but hadn't had them in his diet yet). Today he got a reaction from kiwi fruit, same type of thing, hives etc. He's had kiwi loads of times in the past.

He had his pre-school + MMR boosters last week and I'm going into meltdown worrying that his immune system is buggered and we are going to have huge problems now .

We can get epi-pens from the gp and he is referring him back to the hospital to see what is going on?

Sorry for the waffly post, but I would be interested to know if anyone has had the same experience, and hopefully found it settled down in time

OP posts:
bruffin · 22/03/2010 22:22

its perfect normally. DS had his first reactions when he was 4 to seseme seeds and pecan nuts in one weekend, then he couldn't eat any nuts or peanuts even though he was fine before. He was supposed to be having his mmr preschool booster (inthose days it was given just before juniors) then but didn't have it until two months later, so the mmr thing could easily be a coincidence. From DS and other people I know I think sometimes that when they get a reaction to one thing it often makes them more sensitive to other allergies.

A friend of mine is badly allergic to a chemical found in wall paper paste, if she has a reaction to that she then becomes allergic to lots of other chemicals for months, but it all then calms down again.
Ds has since grown out of the peanut allergy but is still allergic to most other treenuts

bruffin · 22/03/2010 22:24

Read Bridewolfs explanation on" what allergies we are living with thread"

Megletwantsittobesummer · 22/03/2010 22:27

thank you . I will check out the other thread.

OP posts:
bruffin · 22/03/2010 22:37

sorry that should have read just before reception not juniors.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.