My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Can oatmilk be left out of the fridge once open??

5 replies

IlanaK · 31/05/2009 20:51

My son (10 months) has oatmilk on his cereal. We are going away for a weekend to a hotel with no fridge and the breakfast in teh resteraunt will only have cow's milk. I was going to take those small containers of rice milk to use (as they don't seem to make small ones of oatmilk) but I have just read the DoH statement on arsenic in rice milk www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Children/Maternity/Maternalandinfantnutrition/DH_099852 and don't want to use it now. So if I take a 1 litre container of oatmilk, open it at breakfast one morning, will it be ok for the next morning?

OP posts:
themoon66 · 31/05/2009 20:53

No... it needs to be in a fridge.

However, I recently stayed in a hotel I noticed one lady with a box of oatmilk on her table at breakfast time. She asked the waiter to put it in the fridge with a note on that it was hers. It reappeared each morning.

misdee · 31/05/2009 20:53

could you decant it chilled into a thermos?

misdee · 31/05/2009 20:53

could you decant it chilled into a thermos?

thisisyesterday · 31/05/2009 20:54

no it needs to be chilled

IlanaK · 31/05/2009 20:55

Ah - ok. Excellent idea about asking if it can go in the fridge. I can explain that he has to have it and since he is a baby, they may be more understanding? Its a travel lodge.

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.