Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Irrational Fear of Anaphylaxis

LoloMagic123 · 15/06/2022 00:03

Since having a baby 12 weeks ago I have developed an irrational fear of anaphylaxis. I am 29 years old and other than having a bit of eczema on my face sometimes I don’t suffer with any allergies - I did experience facial swelling after having my baby which may have triggered this, though I believe this to be water retention caused by sobbing!

Is there any encouragement or advice anyone can give me to help me overcome this irrational fear?

One of my particular fears is that if I had an anaphylactic reaction, i wouldn’t make it to hospital on time. We live 26 minutes away from any hospital. This really frightens me!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mytortoiseisbetter · 16/06/2022 20:46

hmm, any previous experience of overcoming irrational fears? You need to find the string you left to lead yourself out of the maze....

Please
or

PeekabooAtTheZoo · 16/06/2022 20:49

This sounds like it might be a post-natal thing, like maybe post-natal anxiety or post-natal OCD. Can you talk to your GP or Health Visitor? You might find it's affecting you in lots of other little ways that you hadn't noticed. They can help you.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.