My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Itchy scalp - drawing blood

3 replies

greeneone12 · 31/10/2011 11:31

Hi All

What do you put on DC's itchy head? All the eczema creams don't seem to help much at all :( She is itching it all the time and despite short nails she is still drawing blood.

Any advice was be gratefully received.

Thanks.

OP posts:
OnlyWantsOne · 31/10/2011 11:33

has she seen the GP?

WhereYouLeftIt · 31/10/2011 11:46

I've drawn blood a few times myself Blush. My eczema is fairly mild and occasional, T/Gel shampoo will normally bring it back under control for me.

heliotrope · 31/10/2011 14:22

DS 16 months is same, they can cut it up in seconds can't they. He has done forehead in sleep which looks dreadful, as well as back of head and neck, and his sheet is all blood stained, poor thing His was really flaky so I used dentinox cradle cap shampoo but I think that is a bit harsh really. It is harder because of the hair, can't really get the thick creams on properly.
Have you used any hydrocortisone or just moisturiser? I'm trying eumovate around the hairline and minimising bath / shampoo.
I can't help much but sending sympathy.
I've just ordered Aveeno body wash to see if that helps as an alternative in bath.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.