My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Alcohol support

Anyone has been drinking too much but manage to moderate ? Can you please share your tips ?

4 replies

Flapflap1974 · 10/06/2021 09:45

Hi there,

I don’t drink everyday - maybe 1 or 2 days of the week at the weekend but when I drink I cannot stop at 1 or 2 glasses - I drink the whole bottle. Anyone managed to cut down successfully? Thank you !

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 10/06/2021 09:56

I only drink at the weekend. I have a bottle of wine 1 day and a couple of vodkas the next day. I dont feel it's too excessive tbh.

finallymightbehappening · 10/06/2021 11:20

Just be conscious of it. I fell down a hole a few years ago with my husband of drinking every night and inevitably that meant half a bottle and sometimes more. I'm quite a take it of leave it person so just decided not to drink at home at all.

I did that for a few months and reset things. Now I have the odd glass of wine at home. Never more than 2 and never more than once a week, usually less.

I would drink more if I went out and wanted to but have genuinely found my desire to drink had fallen away and I quite often have a soft drink instead (or one fancy drink whereas before I would have been thinking that a bottle of wine was better value).

DirtyBroomstick · 10/06/2021 17:22

I got myself into a home. A really long reset seemed to be the answer. I had a six month break from alcohol and set rules about consumption thereafter. Been okay for the last two months

DirtyBroomstick · 10/06/2021 17:22

Hole!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.