Mumsnet Logo

to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Alcohol support

Can i seek advice from the GP about MIL?

0 replies

CoconutGal · 22/04/2017 16:39

MIL's alcoholism is getting out of control. To the point where she owes money on her bills & is unable to pay it. She is dangerously close to attending court for it & losing her home. She said she has been to cognitive behavioural therapy but felt it wasn't working. I'm considering booking to see my GP to discuss what to do with her but I dont want to waste his time.

She wont see a doctor. She knows she has a problem. But she has an excuse for everything. Nothing is her fault & shes not willing to take responsibility. At the moment all of her children are angry with her & I'm worried that'll push her further into drinking.

OP posts:
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?