Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone been to lunch at the Ritz?

sintrawest · 06/08/2022 14:45

I want to take my mum to tea at the ritz but she doesn’t really drink tea and neither do I, and so I thought better value for money might be the set lunch menu www.theritzlondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Saturday-Lunch-ALC-01.08.2022.pdf

Has anyone been and can recommend?

thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ChateauProvence · 06/08/2022 14:49

I haven’t been to lunch but have been for dinner it was a set menu deal from book a table.com - it was delicious and very good value it also included a glass of champagne. I think it was on there star deals

Please
or

Twizbe · 06/08/2022 14:58

Not done lunch but did dinner as part of a theatre deal.

It was pricey for drinks but it was my birthday so we pushed the boat out a bit. Food was amazing and service top class.

Please
or

Titsywoo · 06/08/2022 15:03

Not afternoon tea but I had lunch in the restaurant and it was fantastic. Me and my parents gave lunch in London hotel restaurants several times a year and this is the best I have had so far.

Please
or

Annonnimoouse42 · 06/08/2022 15:04

best meal I've ever had was at The Savoy. Was only roast lamb and trimmings with apple pie for dessert but was amazingly good

Please
or

sintrawest · 06/08/2022 15:35

Titsywoo · 06/08/2022 15:03

Not afternoon tea but I had lunch in the restaurant and it was fantastic. Me and my parents gave lunch in London hotel restaurants several times a year and this is the best I have had so far.

Oo thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

sintrawest · 06/08/2022 15:43

Annonnimoouse42 · 06/08/2022 15:04

best meal I've ever had was at The Savoy. Was only roast lamb and trimmings with apple pie for dessert but was amazingly good

Yum I will look this up too, thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pedallleur · 06/08/2022 17:35

at this level you have a lot of choice. Any of the big hotels but some of the smarter restaurants. Le Gavroche used to do a fabulous set lunch as did Ramsey on Royal Hospital Rd. Have a read around.

Please
or

Cruisebabe · 06/08/2022 18:33

Go for lunch it’s fantastic

Please
or

ChrissyShenkle · 06/08/2022 18:44

I've been for afternoon tea, can't recommend it highly enough

Please
or

Jconnais1chansonquivavsenerver · 06/08/2022 18:48

I went to lunch at the Ritz over 30 years ago, and I still remember it, it was an amazing experience. I was just in wonder, I can't remember much about the food and drink, am sure everything, including the service, was fantastic. The dining-room was just such a special place, I was in awe!

Please
or

CraftyClara · 06/08/2022 18:50

Lunch is often a much better deal than afternoon tea. I took my Mum to Claridges for her 80th and it was fabulous.

Please
or

Tuxedokitty · 06/08/2022 19:04

I used to take my mum every so often for lunch at the ritz, it's fantastic- great value and a gorgeous experience at such an icon. Much better than sandwiches and scones

Please
or

Sandsnake · 06/08/2022 19:11

Not for lunch but a three course set dinner menu. Highly recommend. It was a gift and not necessarily something we would have chosen but we had the best evening. Wonderful food and service that was perfect but also made you feel entirely at ease, which I think takes some skill to pull off.

Please
or

Eggmcmuffin · 06/08/2022 20:19

I've had afternoon tea there, wasn't worth the money to be honest.

Please
or

Deathpledge · 06/08/2022 20:21

I haven't been, but I'm told that breakfast is much better value than lunch or afternoon tea.

Please
or

WorkingItOutAsIGo · 06/08/2022 20:23

Did a Mothers Day lunch there and it was lovely. Had drinks first in the gorgeous bar. A memorable treat!

Please
or

Martinisarebetterdirty · 06/08/2022 20:33

I’ve done this a few times, on Saturday there is generally roast pork on the menu and Sunday roast beef (other things too). It’s fantastic but so easy to be upsold (they wheel a champagne trolley over etc). Used to be much better value (you got coffee and petit fours included) but we still go and love it, very very lovely enjoy.

Please
or

sintrawest · 07/08/2022 12:08

Thank you everyone this has been so helpful!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?