Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

My DH doesn't believe me, if you are fifty or older come and help me out....

AnotherTroyforHertoBurn · 14/05/2022 22:57

We were talking about the rise of chilled food from the Kyiv to pretty much everything these days. (The fun never stops here Grin)

I said that when I was in my late teens so around 1982 ish M&S did a lasagne that came in what can only be described as a hermetically sealed aluminium tray, which you boiled in a pot and then browned under a grill.

He thinks I am making it up, and it is too late too call my siblings..........for validation...

Does anyone else remember....???

Please.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MadameCholetsDirtySecret · 14/05/2022 23:00

I don’t remember the lasagna, but this article will give you all the proof you need!
😁

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18060017.amp/

Please
or

Theunamedcat · 14/05/2022 23:00

Are you sure you were cooking it right? 🤔 my friend set fire to a micro meal by putting it in the actual oven forty ish years ago

Please
or

Georgeskitchen · 14/05/2022 23:03

Yes I remember the lasagne they did other dishes as well but I think they went in the oven. They were really good

Please
or

CatChant · 14/05/2022 23:04

I don’t remember the lasagne but I do remember M&S selling cannelloni in a hermetically sealed aluminium tray that you cooked in a saucepan of boiling water. To serve it you cut the tray open. This would have been in the early ‘80s. It sounds like it was in the same range as your lasagne.

Please
or

AnotherTroyforHertoBurn · 14/05/2022 23:07

CatChant

I don’t remember the lasagne but I do remember M&S selling cannelloni in a hermetically sealed aluminium tray that you cooked in a saucepan of boiling water. To serve it you cut the tray open. This would have been in the early ‘80s. It sounds like it was in the same range as your lasagne.

I bloody😁 love you, I am going to make him read this in the morning..

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnotherTroyforHertoBurn · 14/05/2022 23:09

@MadameCholetsDirtySecret

See, Pauline believes me.....Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

HollowTalk · 14/05/2022 23:17

Is @MadameCholetsDirtySecret your partner???

Please
or

Reiningitin · 14/05/2022 23:23

Yes!! I remember the cannelloni and the lasagne that you boiled up in the tray in a pan! I used to love both, but especially the cannelloni. Weirdly my mum doesn't remember them, although she clearly bought them! I'm 48.

Please
or

DramaAlpaca · 14/05/2022 23:25

I'm about your age, OP, but I don't remember that. Sorry!

Please
or

Alphabet1spaghetti2 · 14/05/2022 23:28

Yes, it was posh boil in the bag.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.